Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Two sleeps to go

The wait is about to drive me nuts.
I have two good online friends from ivfconnections who I've been keeping in touch with over the past year - we started off doing IUIs last summer together. One has been cancelled a couple times for DE IVF (flaky donors), and finally made it through. The other finally went to IVF, and didn't get pg on the first cycle, though she had tons of blasts to freeze.
Strangely, we've all ended up doing IVF and transferring within about a week of each other. The one doing an FET had her beta Monday - BFP. The other just posted a photo of her 5dp5dt HPT from the DE cycle (she was panicked because she only got 7 eggs out of the shared donor cycle), and it's a BFP as well. I'm so happy for them, since I know what they've gone through. But both of them had their transfers after me, and now they've both found out ahead of me!
I really really hope that this cycle is positive for us too, because I'd love to be pregnant at the same time as them (besides the fact that I'm just dying to be pregnant). I'm also starting to get worried about how this cycle will turn out, because if we don't get our BFP, I have no idea when we can cycle again, whether it be for an FET or another fresh cycle. My new job starts on the 21st, and I'll have to leave downtown at 6:45am each day to get there in time for work. My clinic doesn't open till 7am for monitoring.
Please God, let this have worked, and worked well with a nice sticky baby or two! If only I felt perpetually nauseous or had boobs that are super tender. But there's really nothing much going on here. 48 hours till I find out, I guess. I hope I can hold on for that long. It's been a long haul - 4 years come September.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

I hope you'll get your BFP too.

the Babychaser: said...

The waiting is the hardest part. And yes, that song goes through my head constantly every time I'm in the two-week wait.

Hang in there, and try to distract yourself somehow. Time will pass, just annoyingly slowly

IF Optimist, then... said...

Keep your chin up. You're almost there. We're all rooting for good news.

Clare said...

Yeah it's a long haul.. you've been waiting forever it seems! I'm really hoping you get the good news you so deserve. Keepin everything crossed for you!!