This part of the 2ww (or 3ww in my case) is really weird. I don't really know what to do with myself except relax and pray that everything works out. I don't have any symptoms, I'm getting sick of dealing with the turquoise discharge from my nether regions (thanks to the vaginal estrace and prometrium), and I just wish I could fast-forward the next couple weeks to my beta day. At least I have a few good books to read, courtesy of the library. TV at my disposal. And a comfy futon and sleep sac to hang out in.
This sleep sac has been a big comfort since I was little, when it was my Mom's and we only got to lie snuggled up in it if we were sick or hurt. It's sort of like a sleeping bag, but has this set up of snaps at the top so that you're zipped in up to your waist, and then the other part can fold over and snap around your arms like sleeves. The first time I remember being in it was when I was five and got my first bike for Christmas. Since we were living in California at the time, and I'd learned to ride a bike on friends bikes before that, my Dad took me out for a ride Christmas morning. It was a red Schwinn, and I loved it. Unfortunately he took me down a little hill on the way home, and I forgot that I needed to back pedal to use the brakes, so I ended up swerving into a ditch and going flying. At least I didn't end up flying into the cross-road at the bottom of the hill and getting hit by a car. I ended up with a scraped knee, and a scraped up face and fat lip. Mum was not impressed when he brought me home looking like that. I got to hang out snuggled in the sleep sac for the rest of the day.
A couple years back she decided to clean out a bunch of stuff from her house, and let me have it, so it's now turned into my own personal sickness/feeling sorry for myself/comforting sleep sac.
And other than that, there's not really much else to tell. I gather Mum has been telling my brother about the IVF attempt. I'd let him know we were doing IVF back in April, and had said we might try again in June, but certainly hadn't been keeping up to date on the particulars. Remember this is the brother who's been lucky enough to have two sons and a daughter on the way in the time we've been trying. I guess he tried calling Tues night while I was at work, and has now told Mom that I haven't called back - c'mon, it's only been 2 nights, and I figured I'd try on the weekend. I guess we'll give him a ring later on today.
Sorry this blog is so boring. It's mostly ended up being a journal for me, since I can't keep a paper journal (much prefer typing). Maybe one of these days it'll get a little more exciting, now that I won't be on call all the time, and should have a little more energy. Too bad I can't blog a little more about the interesting stuff I run into at work, but that wouldn't be ideal for patient confidentiality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Blogs are blogs. They're for verbal vomit, as my dad might say. Letting it all hang out. That's what I use mine for, too, and I think my blog is painfully unexciting.
Anyway, I hear ya on the turquoise nether regions! lol
Do you think you'll test before the beta? With the HCG boosters, though, I guess you're limited as to how early you can POAS for accurate results.
I like your blog. I didn't find it boring. It was one of your more private ones - about family and Christmas. It was touching --- you going back to your childhood with your sleep sac and your bike. Going through this experience and having to wait to know the result requires much patience.
I feel something positive good about your cycle.
I don't think your blog is boring at all! And I loved the sleep sac story. I think it's a neat idea; it sounds really comforting to snuggle up in.
I think you have every excuse in the world not to have called your brother back yet...hello! You have a lot going on right now. Especially if it will be a hard conversation for you - he shouldn't be griping that you haven't called back yet. Sounds like he needs to give you some space. (Sorry for the mini-rant; oblivious siblings drive me nuts. It hits close to home.)
Sending good thoughts and prayers your way, for good beta numbers soon! (And for time to fly in the meanwhile.)
Your blog is sooo not boring! I'm always checking in to see what you're up to! I really hope your 3ww is not too torturous but then I know the 2ww totally is, so I can't imagine adding another week to it. You can POAS right when it comes close to the time?
OOh I just wanted to add - the IVF clinic you have picture of - we're going there for the first time on Wed - it's where the IUI will be. My hubbie's a bit nervous about providing his sample there - it's right in front of the Koutoubia!
Anything new and exciting? Any symptoms or anything? When are you testing?
Post a Comment