Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 3 report

All 11 are still growing, thank God! The two slowpokes have caught up, so we now have 6 at the ideal 7-8 cell stage and 5 ahead at 9+ cells. I asked the RN if being ahead was bad, as her tone of voice sort of implied that, but she didn't give me a concrete answer. I've just spent 1.5 hours researching the topic on the internet, and think that it's only the slowpokes that are more at risk of not developing into blasts.
I just pray we end up with 6+ strong blasts out of this. That would be so fantastic!
And now we wait till Wed to find out how many have gone to blast. They're to call tomorrow with the transfer time.
So exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time!
Thankfully the good news made my 2 epidurals and 2 C/S a little easier to deal with today. I hope tomorrow night (and Sat and Sun nights) will be quiet from an OB perspective, as that's the least enjoyable part of my job these days.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Great news! I'm praying that things keep moving along smoothly for you. I don't know how you deal with seeing pregnant women in labour all day long. I saw DH's pregnant cousin today (and her 14 month old) and I thought I was going to lose it. I guess what doesn't kill us makes us stronger (or at least that's what they tell me)

IF Optimist, then... said...

What absolutely fabulous news. You must be sooooooooo happy and relieved. Best of luck on Wednesday. I'll be cheering you on. Thanks again for your kind words on my blog. :-)

one-hit_wonder said...

Terrific! That's wonderful news!