Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Yikes! Trigger tonight (stims day 10)

Wow, I guess things took off. I got the call this morning that my E2 went from 5600 to 8300, and I've got 18 follicles in there, 12 of mature size. Rather than risk OHSS, they want me to trigger tonight at 10:30pm, and come in for retrieval on Friday at 10:30am.
I sure hope a few more catch up in the meantime, and that they're not triggering me early to avoid a weekend retrieval. With DH's crummy sperm, I really need a lot of good eggs to give us enough room for the inevitable attrition. Am I too cynical to think that they might just not want to do a Saturday retrieval? I didn't think 8300 was that high a level, and I've only stimmed for 9 days so far.
He'd better be at home freshing up the boys for their big performance on Friday!
Tomorrow I get to sleep in and come in for bloodwork only.
I can't believe it's actually happening this time! I hope everything works out the way it should.

4 comments:

one-hit_wonder said...

Great news! And some of your smaller follies should catch up before ER.

I really don't think they'd trigger early to avoid weekend retrieval - my ER was on the weekend, anyway.

Kristy said...

My thoughts are with you for good luck!

Clare said...

Wow, this is it! Good luck Kate! I really hope you get the good news you deserve. Keep us posted. Just out of interest what MFI are you dealing with? We seem to have every problem under the sun with my DH's.

'Murgdan' said...

No worries....those smaller ones may surprise you. About 1/4 of mine were still 'small' and I ended up with 100% mature....

They all have a big 'growth spurt' thanks to trigger.

Good luck!!