The menopur stings a heck of a lot more than the Gonal-F, I'm noticing. The things I'll do to myself to have a baby...
I even had an unexpected endometrial biopsy with no ibuprofen premedication yesterday at the decision-making appointment. I asked whether it was worth doing again (we'd done it towards the end of the birth control pill before my previous IVF attempt), and the doc said for sure. When I asked when would be a good time, Dr H said "now". Yikes! He had trouble getting the catheter through my cervix, but it popped through just before he was about to give up. DH was lucky he got a business call on his cell while he was waiting for Dr H to come in and do the deed, so he escaped from the room before any biopsy-action could occur. Before that, he'd been agonizing about whether he should hold my hand, or sit in a chair a little out of the way. I hate to think what he'll be like at the egg retrieval if we get that far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oooh sounds painful! I remember i took my ibuprofen as they instructed before my appointment for an HSG and then the Dr was so late it wore off before he arrived :(
Thanks for your comment by the way, it's inspired my next post. I will give the full low-down of my Marrakech adventure. You must have arrived at Eid Al Adha, the fires and sheep's heads gave it away! Just before that festival it's amazing the things you see - sheep on motorbikes, sheep strapped to roofs of cars, sheep being loaded into the luggage compartments of buses. I start to feel quite sorry for them!
Yes, getting the ute ready to go!
Great, the ball is rolling again. I know I have said this before, but I hate menopur--the bruises I got, the long time it took to get in under my skin and the way it burned. Someone told me to put ice on the area before injecting.
How are things?I know it's too soon to tell, but I hope all is well.
Post a Comment