Thursday, June 25, 2009

8dp5dt - Last day of work as a resident!

Since I took my first HCG booster shot yesterday, I can no longer be tempted to POAS - it would only show the booster anyhow. Next booster is on Saturday, and then I wait till Thursday's test. It's going to be a slow week!
In non-IF news, I just finished my last day of work as a medical resident. Now I've got 3.5 weeks off before I start work as staff in a community hospital. What a relief to be done! Now I'll be able to sleep in every day, read more novels, watch some movies. And also clean up the epicentre of chaos that is my living room, where I studied from Nov-May. It's a little better than it was after I finished my oral exams at the end of May, but not much.
I'll be interested to see how long before I sart my new job I end up getting really nervous about having all the responsibility be on my shoulders for a change, and having all the decision-making be mine. I hope the first year of working won't be too stressful. If I did manage to get pg this IVF, I won't have to do an overnight call until Aug 3rd, which will be past 9 weeks of pregnancy. This would be perfect timing to have a relatively stress-free first trimester. Fingers are still crossed, and prayers are being said here. I think my boobs are getting a little more tender, but then again, that could also be the hormones that I'm putting into myself every day. Hopefully it's a good sign though!

7 comments:

one-hit_wonder said...

Congratulations on the last day as a resident!

You sound relatively calm for such a stressful time. 15dp5dt is such a loooong time to wait for the beta. Boo on that!

Chris said...

I can't believe you didn't test! You better email me when you do. Congrats on your last day as a resident. And enjoy your time off.

Jennifer said...

Congrats on finishing your residency! :)

Kristy said...

Congrats on finishing your residency. 3.5 weeks off sounds really nice!

Clare said...

Congrats on completing your residency! If you are pg do you get any leeway on your job, esp regards night shifts?

IF Optimist, then... said...

What an incredible accomplishment. So proud of you. Looking forward to finding out beta numbers when they are available.

Tiffanie said...

wahoo! yay for no longer being a resident! here's to hoping you get some good news on the 2nd:)