Cancelled. E2 only went up to 3155 today, nowhere near the 5000 he wanted to see. What a surprise. And of course the U/S tech had just told me how nicely everything was growing.
DH and I talked a lot last night about what to do. We're kind of scared of doing an IUI or timed intercourse with what are likely crappy eggs, since we don't want to end up in beta or U/S hell again. Part of the point of doing IVF/ICSI/Day5 transfer was to pick the best embryos to give us our best shot of a take-home baby, rather than one that fizzles out in a couple weeks. Dr H said today that he'd probably go for it, since something so bad likely wouldn't implant, and if anything were to take, it ought to be the best egg. I don't know what to think. He does supposedly have a friend who had a similar cycle to mine who converted who had a baby from it. I guess I'll take my trigger tonight at 10pm or so, and then if we want to IUI on Friday, we'll let him know tomorrow. It would sure be great to get pg without going through the whole IVF stims thing again, but I'm scared.
I have no idea what the plan for the next round would be. I tried to ask him about it on the phone today, but I don't think he's had a chance to come up with the new protocol yet. I was asking whether I should go back on naltrexone, if I should take dex with the stims, should I do a cycle without OCP downregulation. No answers yet, but he seemed to think they were all good thoughts. I hope he has some other ideas, since he's the expert.
The only good news from yesterday was that, before she'd even read my email saying we were being cancelled, my Mum called to say that she'd been thinking lately. She'd been planning to make a personal contribution to a capital campaign at the workplace that fired her a few weeks ago, but with that bad blood between them, doesn't want to any more. And she was thinking of all DH and I have been going through, and the fact that we're saving for a house, and that there's really nothing she can do to help... And was wondering if DH would be insulted if she offered to give us some money towards the IVF stuff. I thought that was the sweetest thing ever. I'm hoping DH will say yes. She's been pretty well off since my parents got divorced, and although DH and I have good earning potential, we'll be deep in debt shortly when we buy our first house. It will take the pressure off a little.
The shitty thing is that Dr H would be willing to let us cycle again right away, but stims/retrieval/transfer would fall right at the time of my oral exams in Ottawa. I'm not sure how I'll be able to squeeze in another cycle in early-mid June unless he puts me on the pill for 2 weeks. Maybe a lower dose OCP wouldn't suppress me so much? I hope we get to sit down for a review of the cycle sometime in the near future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm so sorry, Kate. That is so $hitty. I feel guilty - I wish it were going well for us both. And the timing sucks, too, for your next cycle. It's so good of your mom to offer to help - how wonderful. It would be great if the IUI did the trick, though. So sorry again. :( There's so much hope riding on these TTC things.
Sorry about the cancellation. All the best if you decide to convert to IUI. More money is always good in IVF land. Nice offer from your mom.
Oh Kate, I'm sorry this cycle didn't work out. Yay for generous parents though so now the burden won't be so much to bear.
Oh man. I am so sorry Kate. I hope the IUI does the trick if you decide to go forward with it. ((((BIG HUGS))))
Post a Comment