I spent all day today listening to the reverberations of leaf blowers and other such shit. With my building being one of three high-rises surrounding a central lawn/fountain/courtyard area, the reverberations were intense. Eventually I had to cave in an put in some ear plugs. What I don't get is what they were blowing. The leaves are gone. Ok, there's a little dirt on the ground, but I saw them blowing the grass, for crying out loud. I don't think they were cutting any grass yet, cause it's too early for it to be growing. Oh for the good old days when all you had was a rake or broom...
In other news, only 3 more full days of studying left before the written exams. I'm two sections behind where I had hoped to be. Ugh. I guess it's a good thing I've got the weekend as a buffer. I also got my "appointment" for the oral exam: May 29th from 2-4pm. After that, I'll be a free woman! (Well, as free as I can be given that I'm working a fair bit of call in June to make up for a lack of it in May before the exam).
Even better: DH bought us tickets to see the Cowboy Junkies on Tuesday night after my exam! Haven't seen them in a long time, but a nice mellow evening concert with a couple Smirnoff Ice or other girlie drinks is exactly what I'll need. Might as well enjoy the alcohol while I can.
Back to the books!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I adore Cowboy Junkies! I'm sure you'll get through the studying just fine and sail through the exam next week. Wonder why they were leaf-blowing the grass? Doesn't that contribute to global warming? ;)
You're not catching much luck with the studying business! Did the puppy go away, at least?
Post a Comment