Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So much for a good night's sleep post-exam

I though I was going to sleep so great last night, now that the stress was over. Nope. Wrong. Managed to fall asleep without the usual sleeping pill, but woke up at 1:30am when DH came to bed, and then tossed and turned for the rest of the night. Should be a fantastic night on call tonight.
I was so tired this morning, that when I got to HFC for the endometrial biopsy, I managed to leave my keys IN my bike lock outside. Got halfway up the elevator before I realized it, and then had to make myself late by going back to fetch them. The biopsy wasn't what I expected. Not a proper biopsy at all, just force-a-catheter-through-my-cervix-and-stir-things-up. I hope it was good enough to do the trick. I guess Dr H wouldn't let Dr P do them if she didn't know what she was doing. And then afterwards I started getting worried because I don't think she even used anything to clean off my cervix - I'd better not get some infection now...
2 hours till my dentist's appointment. I guess it's time to catch up on some TV, and then I'll have to have a nap this afternoon before I go in to work.

2 comments:

one-hit_wonder said...

If it helps at all, Dr P did my SHG, and she was very thorough about procedure.

I hope you catch up on sleep tonight!

Kate said...

well, not tonight - I'm on call!
I'm glad to hear that. She was nice. But if anything I've had less spotting since she did it, and no cramping at all. I hope she stirred things up enough!