Monday, April 27, 2009

Whew, still in the game

E2 went up to 1900 today despite the orgalutran I took yesterday afternoon. Follicles are still growing. I think there are about 12-13 in there now between 1.1-2.0cm. I also finally felt slightly uncomfortable during the U/S this morning, so my ovaries must be getting a little bigger.
And thank God I also managed to get some sleep last night while on call, and that my staff did the one epidural that they called for all night. I was doing an interesting aneurysm clipping in the main OR, mostly by myself, though he happened to be there to provide a little advice right when they managed to rupture it trying to put the clips on. Luckily it didn't bleed as much as it could have, and the patient did really well. L&D called for the epidural just as the surgeons were starting to close, but I really wanted to finish the case off myself, since it's not that uncommon for me to start something and then have to run off and leave the staff to end things. And takeoff and landing are often the most critical times, so I need practice with both. He didn't seem to keen to do it, but then asked me what I would give the patient and said he'd go take care of it (and that I had likely done many more epidurals recently than he had).
So once I dropped off my patient in the neurotrauma ICU at 00:40, I got to head to bed. And slept till 4am when they made me turn someone's epidural down so she might push better. I was just so thankful it was something short and easy, and went right back to sleep. Joy. I love that kind of a night on call!
187.5 IU Gonal-F tonight, Orgalutran in the morning, and more monitoring.

2 comments:

one-hit_wonder said...

Yeah, good news! Sorry, I must've missed you in the waiting room after I saw the nurse - glad to know that things have turned around! Here's hoping for a good night's sleep for both of us - I felt nearly comatose this morning.

Victoria said...

Glad about the news too. You're pretty busy, trying to make a baby and delivering babies.