Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 4 stims

Well, I still have >30 antrals, and after 3 days of 187.5IU Gonal-F, my E2 is at 263. They seem to be happy with that, so I'm to continue the same dose tonight and tomorrow, and head back on Wed for monitoring.
I hope a little more action kicks in in my ovaries in the meantime, but I also wouldn't want to be canceled for hyperstimulation. If I seem at risk for OHSS, they've threatened to freeze all or at the very least not give me HCG support post retrieval, neither of which are options that I care to go for.
I just hope a nice crop start to grow soon, not too fast, not too slow. I'm still worried they won't. I'm sure nothing in this process will be without worry.

2 comments:

one-hit_wonder said...

Oh, were you there when I was? I was the pissed-off-looking chick. Haha.

I don't recall what's appropriate in terms of numbers (e.g., if my estrogen is good or not). This is all a crapshoot, you're right. It's good that you've got a great antral count, though.

Kate said...

I was there lined up outside at 6:45am (had to get to work). I was sitting there eating my cereal and trying to make sure my venipuncture site didn't bruise after the scan. Took off by 7:20, I think. I'll be going in later on Wed, since I'm on call that night and don't have to be at work till 4pm. How about you? I'm usually the scruffy one with a turquoise and black jacket. And 6 feet tall with freckles. :)