Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day 6 stims

So, with 5 days of stims under my belt so far, I went in for monitoring this morning. Dr P, who came in and talked to me last time after my scan, was with another patient, so I wasn't able to ask if things looked ok. They only measured 4 follicles, if what I saw on the U/S screen was my stuff. And one was already about 12mm. The rest were <10mm. I was told to go home and wait for the call this afternoon when the bloodwork results come back.
This is a nerve-wracking process, for sure. I really want a good response. Maybe if there's one taking off ahead of the others, they'll sacrifice it to get more in the next batch that are growing? I though part of the point of being on the pill was to get things downregulated so that you wouldn't get a dominant follicle.
I'll be a total wreck by the end of this! I hope they tell me everything looks great and is on track when they call this afternoon.

Update: phew, they called at 10:55am this time to give me results. Supposedly everything is still A-OK. J said my lining is 5mm, and there's 1 on each side at this point, one at 10, one at 9. And lots of small ones. E2 is up to 524. So they want me to continue as is for now, and back in tomorrow to see if I need to start the orgalutran or not. Thank God they're happy with the way things are progressing, even if it seems really slow to me. They say nothing to worry about so far.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like the ol' bod' is following the instructions well. I had to chuckle at the orangutan, oops, I mean orgalutran. I had to go back and read it again because a monkey for IF just didn't make sense to me. :)
I'm rooting for you Kate!!

one-hit_wonder said...

See you tomorrow!

Victoria said...

Kate, I'm wishing you a great cycle with a viable preganancy.

Michelle's comment about the monkey is funny.

Victoria said...

I think the spelling is "pregnancy".