Whew. I survived exam number one. I'm not really sure how it went. OK I think. As long as I'm not in the bottom 10%, I'll pass, but I'd rather not rely on that to get me through. The thing is, all the other people in my year (about 14 people) are pretty smart cookies too, and I know they've all put the time in studying this stuff too. So why I should do any better than them, I don't know. I'm just hoping some of the foreign medical grads or those from other provinces who don't have as much riding on this exam (ie because they can work as a GP if they don't pass, and do this again next year) will not have studied as much, and will thus keep me out of the bottom 10%.
I'm finding it a little hard to get psyched up for the second half of the written now though. We had a nice dinner together (it's amazing how domestic DH has become while I've been doing nothing but study - he picks out what we'll eat, and will even cook some things too) and caught up on last week's episode of Life. Love that show. That and Lie to Me are the only two shows we both watch these days. Now it's 8:40pm and I'd better motivate myself to read over some stuff, or else I won't do anything at all. Maybe I'll steal one of DH's beers and go for it :)
Too bad I've got the endometrial biopsy on Wed, so I won't even be able to sleep in properly. And then call Wed night. I'm amazed at how well I can cope with doing the epidurals for all the women in labour given the whole bitter-infertile thing I've got going on these days. For now, it's just the C-sections that really turn me off, cause then I have to stand right there and watch Mommy and Daddy cuddle their new precious child.
OK. Time for that beer!
Thanks for the comments guys - they're something for me to look forward to these days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congratulations on finishing the exam! That is wonderful news, and I hope you get through the second part with flying colours. It must have been nice to relax for a bit.
I am concerned that you have to administer epidurals to women in labour. (Yikes. That would be not so good for your emotional health.) I hope that you're on the receiving end soon. Both of us, of course.
We have the same tentative dates for the ER and ET, don't we? How does that work - I thought you were ahead of me re: the schedule? Anyway, wouldn't it be funny to actually go in on the same days?!
It'd be awesome to go in on the same days. I think our DHs have a lot in common too, from what I've been reading on your blog.
I have no idea how that works with our timing being the same, and you on the "long" protocol and me on the antagonist. Maybe you're just doing a little lupron just before stopping the pill and then we start stims the same date? (17th). I've got my pre-cycle monitoring the 16th. When do you start the non-OCP down-reg?
The worst was that I was doing my OB anesthesia rotation at the hospital I was to deliver at during the week I was supposed to deliver (from my 8.5wk m/c). That wasn't so fun, and ALL I was doing was epidurals and C/S that week.
back to the studying!
Post a Comment