Thursday, April 16, 2009

CD5 - cleared to start stims

I woke up many times through the night last night, and managed to sleep till 6:13am (alarm was set for 6:20am). I had a last-minute check in my bag to see if I had my health card, and of course couldn't find it. So I then spent another 5 minutes frantically searching for it in all my jacket pockets, through my bag, in my wallet - all to no avail. Then I had to leave without it to get there for 6:45am to line up outside the clinic and hopefully be one of the first in line for the monitoring. By the time I figured out the side entrance and calling up to be buzzed in thing, two others had beat me to it.
The monitoring went really fast - I was out of there by 7:20am. The blood draw was pretty painless, though I nearly thought she was going to send me away since I had no health card with me. I didn't get a strip of tape to hold my cottonball on to stop the bleeding, because I normally hold it in place myself to put good pressure on for at least 5-10min (I seem to bleed for a long time after blood draws). Unfortunately I had to pop out to the bathroom before my ultrasound (since it's oh-so pleasantly done as a transvaginal scan during AF and I had to get my Keeper out of the way). It's just a little challenging to hold a cottonball to your venipuncture site and take down your pants to go to the washroom, so of course I ended up bleeding all over my own arm and had a real struggle to not do it again when I had to strip off for the scan. I once again couldn't see much of the screen as she was scanning, so I was in suspense for the next 5-6 hours waiting to get my phone call from Jen.
She had to leave me a message since my phone didn't work in the OR I was in this afternoon. Apparently I've got 15+ antrals on each side again this cycle, and my bloodwork is looking all set to start stims tomorrow (E2 62). They've decided to go with 187.5IU Gonal-F, which I'm really happy about. So now I get to do 3 days of stims from tomorrow till Sunday, and then I head back in on Monday to see what's happening.
I'm so relieved that my body has cooperated, the pill has done its job, and I'm all on track to get going with this cycle.

4 comments:

one-hit_wonder said...

Glad you got cleared to start! Great afc!

I go in tomorrow - thanks for the reminder on how to get in the building (I haven't yet had to enter during off-hours). I'll have to dig around for that code.

Am a little nervous about the af situation, too, since (except for my m/c) this is the heaviest one ever.

Good thing it's going to be nice out tomorrow - I will use your skirt tip to avoid embarrassment! lol

Kate said...

I struggled to get in. Went in from Elm street, but didn't read the directions enough to know to head left through the double doors by the first keypad (I stood there stupidly trying the code a few times before pulling out the instruction sheet and trying again). Took about 5 tries to get the number to ring through from the second keypad, but it eventually worked.
Good luck tomorrow!

Victoria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Victoria said...

Sorry about your bloody arm. Better luck with the door