Just got an email from a friend from med school I hadn't heard from since I got an invite to her wedding - invite to check out photos on her flicker page. She's older than me by a good few years, and of course just had a baby. Because everyone I know in real life is tremendously fertile. Does it matter that her husband's in his early 50s? Does he have sperm problems? NO. Does she have any issues at 40 (guessing here)? NO.
Seems like DH and I are the only ones with really bad plumbing that I know. I really really hope this IVF takes care of that, because watching everyone but me have babies with no problem is eating away at me, bit by bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sorry, I know how hard that is. It's all stupid and unfair. E.g., my maternal grandmother had her last childen - 'natural' fraternal twins, both healthy - at age 48. (And why wasn't this genetic?...)
Tell me about it. My maternal grandmother was one of 3 sets of twins, and she had six kids herself, despite her alcoholism and smoking. The only of my mother's siblings who had trouble getting pregnant was the one who waited till she was 43 to start trying.
Guess I got my paternal grandma's crappy reproductive genes.
I hear you Kate, Robin and I have been struggling for over 5 years now and my blind friend who is single in less than 3 years has had her son and now is having her daughter in June, how fair is that??? I have everything crossed for you I physically can that your IVF works wonders for you if only I could be so lucky
Hi Kate
Barreness here (Alecia)
I'm doing well, waiting for the IVF train (bloody May). Bloody long wait.
Don't worry, I've got the same issues here with pregnancies falling out of the sky for everyone else.
Can we switch email addresses or something? Blogger was doing my head in - I was spending way too much time wallowing.
xx
Alecia
Kate, you're in good hands and I want to believe that your turn is near or soon.
Post a Comment