Sunday, May 31, 2009

Insecurity

Why do I have to be so insecure about this exam? I felt reasonably ok coming out of it. I'm getting more and more self-critical as time is passing, and am now so terrified that I failed and that my life will be completely screwed up.
Given a 94% pass rate for the 110 or so first-time Canadian residents taking the exam, my chances of having passed are good. I just can't keep the scenarios from running through my head, and thinking that I didn't answer as well as I could have.
I never thought I'd say it, but as long as I find out I passed tomorrow, I don't really care what the monitoring appointment shows. We'll deal with whatever. Just please God, let me have passed the exam!

2 comments:

'Murgdan' said...

Good luck. I'd say the odds are definitely in your favor. Plus, it's usually the people who think they failed that passed with flying colors...at least in my personal history.

one-hit_wonder said...

So normal to feel that way - it's because you care - and I mean, how can you not care, considering all you've done to get to this point?

Anyway, I have the same reaction about tests, exams, papers, etc. It's a sick feeling!