Thursday, May 28, 2009

One more sleep

Hope it's a good one!
The train ride up was interesting. There was a older (60s) loud-talking lady across the aisle from me, who seemed to feel the need to phone up a bunch of family and friends to tell them where exactly she was, and that it wasn't quite raining, but was foggy etc etc. And my seatmate was a nice young woman who unfortunately kept wanting to talk to me - even after I'd said a few times that I was heading to Ottawa to do a big exam and still had to study! I'm sure she thought I was very rude, but I'm afraid I didn't really say too much in response to all her questions (Where'd you do undergrad? Med school? What are you specializing in? Do you have a job for when you're done? Where's your hometown? How'd you like Queens?), nor did I ask her any of my own. Any other day, I'd have been happy to chat. As it was, I just wanted her to leave me alone!
DH was ready and waiting when I got in all of 5min behind schedule. We drove to the Royal College to make sure we knew where to go tomorrow, and then we went to the Audi dealership on the way back to the hotel so he could show me the A4 he's got his eye on (assuming his company still has the leasing program going on now, given the recession). After that, it was off for an early dinner at some hole-in-the-wall Singaporean/Asian restaurant that was pretty tasty, and then back to the hotel to study a little more. I ended up indulging in a hot bath since my legs and hips were really sore from all the sitting.
Now I'm just surfing a little while waiting for my sleeping pill to kick in. We decided to drive back to Toronto tomorrow night, since the weather's not looking great for the weekend (had thought of checking out Algonquin, but if it's not great for hiking, why drive the extra distance). We'd thought of going to some spa near Gatineau for the day, but I don't know that I want to shell out the big bucks for that plus an extra night in a not-so-cheap hotel. I wonder if I'll ever be able to break out of being so cheap and indulging myself more? We're going to head home and go to a concert and probably a movie instead.
Hopefully I'll be put out of my misery as early as Sat morning, and then maybe I'll have something to celebrate? Let's hope so!
Thanks for the good luck wishes!!

1 comment:

one-hit_wonder said...

I hope you can enjoy yourself (I know, easier said than done).