Monday, May 18, 2009

Bloodwork ok, apparently

Just got my call from Susan. E2 is 95.8, LH 2.13, Progesterone 5.7, and FSH 5.6. So Dr H asked that I come back in on Thursday morning for repeat monitoring, and then we'll likely start stims. I guess my body gets reasonably suppressed on its own from the high E2 levels floating around post stims, plus the progesterone suppositories. Was their day3 suppression cutoff for the E2 <200? If so, I guess things are looking good. I just worry that if I wait too long to start stims, I'll end up with a dominant active follicle along with these inactive ones I've currently got. Maybe I should quit worrying and just have faith!
I may email Jen tomorrow to ask if I can come in Wed instead, because as soon as I hung up the phone, I realized I'm doing day call on Wed, which means I don't have to get the pager till about 7:40am, thus making it a little easier to go for monitoring. Otherwise, Thurs is a regular workday, and I'd normally be expected to have my OR all set up by 7:30am, and have seen the patient by 7:40am, and be all ready to put them under at 7:45am. We'll see. Neither will likely be a bad day, but I think I'd rather have the reassurance of checking on things on Wed if I can.
Thanks OHW and Victoria for continuing to check in on me and give me the advice and support from two who even go to the same RE. It's much appreciated!

2 comments:

one-hit_wonder said...

You are most welcome, of course!

I'm glad the b/w seems to be ok. Good luck on arranging your schedule. I know from previous years how impossible it is to schedule these things around a job where you MUST be present.

Elisabeth said...

Glad your bloodwork seems ok keeping my fingers crossed for you