Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Worried about FIL

My FIL was transferred to the regular ward today, but my DH finally got to talk to him, and said that he can barely say a whole sentence without needing to catch his breath. I wish I knew what his doctors are doing to figure this out: chest XR or CT, echo, cardiology or respirology consults?
So I talked DH into phoning to find out how we can talk to the doctors to find out what's happening. He was super reluctant, thinking that they'd get mad if we call, saying we don' t have the ward number, and maybe we should just ask his sister to pass a message along to them when she goes to visit tomorrow. I don't think we should be laying it all on my SIL. She's worried, and doesn't really know what's happening. I'm the only one in the family with medical training, so we'll see how far my German goes, and how much I can get out of them.
That means waking up at 3:15am to call them, to hopefully get hold of a doctor at 9:15am their time. And then back to bed for a couple hours before getting up for my day (ie 6:15am to get to monitoring at 6:45am). Hopefully that'll work out ok. So I'd better head to bed now myself!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

All the best for tomorrow. Hope your FIL has a good medical team working with him.

Elisabeth said...

All the best for tomorrow best of luck with your german and here's hoping your FIL has the best doctors working with him.
Got my RE appointment only a month to go