Wednesday, May 27, 2009

T-2

I forwarded my email to Dr H this morning, since I figured he's the one who'd have the answers anyhow. Just got a short response back from the nurse to the effect of: "Don't come in till Monday. Your other questions can be answered then. And you have to keep the 11am appointment to talk to Dr H."
So I just had to email work to tell them that, yet again, I'll need to be a flake and sneak out for an appointment. I told them they should feel free to put me in a late room to make up for it. I'm feeling very guilty about how often I'm needing to leave for appointments. It's not like there aren't enough people around to cover for me, but still. I don't feel like I'm doing my job properly.
The suit I'd picked out to wear for my exam had a light stain on the jacket and pants (I don't think I've ever worn it, so I don't know where it came from). The dry cleaner got the stain out of the jacket, but the one on the butt of the pants is still faintly there. I've decided I'll wear it anyhow - it's barely noticeable, especially when the pants are on and the fabric isn't flat. And if the examiners are checking out my butt that closely, there's something wrong with them!
OK, enough procrastination. Back to the books. At least the extra adrenalin is keeping me regular :)

2 comments:

one-hit_wonder said...

Dang, these things interfere with work. (Or, work interferes with treatments: take your pick.)

Good luck on Monday. (I wish I had something more useful to say than that.)

Funny story about stains and interviews: just before my interview to get a spot in the (highly competitive) Faculty of Education, I spilled coffee down my pants and realized that I'd sweated through my jacket. *Groan* So I went jacketless (easy enough); but had to rinse out my pants in a public washroom and then hold them under the hand dryer until they were at least not wet anymore. And still made my interview - calm and punctual. Do not know how I did that! lol

Victoria said...

At least you got a response even if your questions weren't answered.

Good luck or all the best with your studying for your exam.

Although I didn't plan it this way, I'm glad I had so much time between cycles because I would feel guilty taking more time off again so soon.