Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cost of a cancelled cycle?

Thankfully only $900 - the nonrefundable cycle fee. One of the other clinics we'd looked at would have charged $175 + any U/S and bloodwork fees to a max of $1700. Which given how long I was stimming and how often I went in for monitoring, would probably have come to about that.
So maybe my clinic's not as expensive as I thought. Sure they charge more for a cycle, but I think they may be more likely to cancel if things aren't optimal and try again, which would account for their higher success rates. Thankfully, my meds are still covered by insurance, so I didn't have that exorbitant cost to add to the pain of the cancellation.
1.5 weeks till the follow-up and planning for the next round!

4 comments:

one-hit_wonder said...

Oh that is less than I understood it would be - good thing.

Is the studying going okay?

Victoria said...

Only 900. That's good even though you had pay for the meds.

Kate said...

Ugh - studying is crap. Hope I do ok anyhow. It's hard to get motivated, and with the oncoming cold, all I really want to do is sleep! Have another couple practice orals tomorrow after work, so hopefully they'll go well and I'll get a little more confidant.

Tiffanie said...

good luck w/ your finals. studying blizows! you will be doing back flips when your done, trust me, i almost did. still have 2 boards to study for but my master's work is done!

good luck w/ your follow up. mine is prob in about 1.5-2 weeks as well:)