Sunday, May 24, 2009

Still waiting

I'm dying to find out what results tomorrow's monitoring will bring. I'm terrified that they'll have waited a couple days too long to start stims, and that we'll have to give up our vacation end Jun-early Jul to actually cycle again. Who knows what the heck's going on in there.
DH and I did have a long chat last night about what we want to do if we aren't able to start stims now. I think both of us are too scared of going on the pill again and ending up oversuppressed, so we'd rather wait things out. Even if it means no vacation. I guess we can always start househunting instead, look at cars, and get stuff like extra insurance sorted out. There'll be no shortage of things to keep us occupied, I'm sure. But since he's feeling really burned out, I'd really like it if we could end up going someplace fun together. He's got his eye on Australia or southeast Asia, but by the time we see how things are working out with this IVF, it'll probably be too late to book or plan anything decent.
FIL is back home waiting for his place in rehab, and was looking pretty good yesterday when we Skype'd with him. He's still getting short of breath from time to time, but overall doesn't seem to be too badly off. If you didn't know he'd had surgery, you wouldn't have known it to look at him.
Back to the books for now - only 4 more days left to study, and then hopefully it'll all be over for good!

No comments: