It appears that although the cysts are getting smaller (the one on the R that was 20mm is now 15mm) and my E2 is still only 119, they don't want to start stims. As in despite me hinting that if they're not hormonally active cysts, maybe we could start stims, my nurse said Dr H is REALLY reluctant to. I started to cry a little after hanging up the phone.
Shit. I was hoping we'd start stims and the I'd be able to plan for vacation at the end of residency, but I guess God's got something else planned (this is the only way I can keep on handling the disappointment, is to tell myself it's not in the plan - but man, I'm so sick of this). Maybe we'll do some househunting and find the PERFECT house? I'd take that in exchange for a vacation. But it would be really nice to get away from everything for a bit.
I wonder if I should beg them to let me get checked again on the weekend (we'd come back from Ottawa early then)? Or just wait patiently for Monday? I'd hate to miss being able to start stims by 1-2 days just cause they didn't want to bother looking at my results on a Saturday.
I'm also scared that starting stims on CD17 would mean that despite looking like CD3, my body might already have selected out one to take off, and then nothing else would grow. I doubt that's scientifically reasonable, but I'm still worried anyhow!
Back to the books...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Aw, I'm so sorry, Kate. The wait wears and tears on the soul.
Kate, it's a drag having to wait. Dr H, from what I know, won't start anything unless he's very sure about doing so. For you, though, it's just drawn-out. I hope that everything will be fine the next time you check.
I'm going in this week again for an ultrasound to check my fibroids again so that the doctor can see exactly where they are in order to prepare for surgery. After, we'll decide when or if I will get the surgery done. I have two (1.9 each, I think) intramurals and one subserosal (5.something. I think it shrunk - was bigger).
Post a Comment