Probably it's not good news from the baseline this morning. Spent 1.5h at the REs for bloodwork, ultrasound, and chat with a nurse. She'll call this afternoon with bloodwork results and instructions per RE.
First the good phlebotomist had to try once on each arm to get my blood. Then the ultrasound seems to show that I've got a couple biggish things on each ovary. They say I've got a 2cm endometrioma on the R, along with a 14mm follicle. And a 16mm ?cyst/follicle plus a 13mm follicle, plus a 14mm hemorrhagic cyst on the L. This doesn't make sense to me, as there's no way in hell my body would ever make lead follicles on day 3. My E2 is usually <90 at this point. I'm pretty sure these are leftovers from last time around. I sure hope that they're not hormonally active, but I guess I'll find out this afternoon.
Now I'm worried about the endometrioma. How they determined that's what it is. I've never been told I had endo before. I've never had a laparoscopy either to look for it/treat it, but I'll be worried if I have it. That I should get it lasered out before going through IVF. I hope it's a hemorrhagic cyst instead. Would an endometrioma develop in 2.5 weeks time? They never mentioned it while I was on stims for IVF #1...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh gosh, this is not what I expected to hear. :(
Kate, sorry to hear the not-so-nice news. Huge follicles on day 3... Could that account for the low estrogen levels? A puzzle?
I don't know much about what goes on in the body, even though I've learned so much about IVF. My knowledge about the reproductive system is still basic. I hope all that mess is easy to resolve. I hope this doesn't drag on for you.
I hope Dr H will stick with you and help you to achieve your goal.
Try to stay focused on your exams.
Post a Comment