Monday, May 25, 2009

Confusion reigns on CD10

I couldn't fall asleep for the longest while last night despite sleeping pill, with IVF and exams thoughts tearing through my head. I eventually gave up and came to sleep on the couch, figuring I could read a little, or the white noise from the fridge might soothe me. I think it eventually worked.
Then I woke up like a flash at 6:45am without an alarm, and decided to go in early for my monitoring. And then found out that they weren't expecting me till next Monday. By then I'd already had my ultrasound, so after arguing with a couple people (neither my IVF nurse nor doc were going to be in till 12pm) about how I thought we were tracking this cycle to figure out when I can start stims, they finally agreed to draw bloodwork to see where things are. If I waited till next week (CD17), there'd be no hope of a start at all, just a question of how to bring this one to an end. I have a feeling that's where we're already at anyhow.
I'm pretty sure I got a flash glimpse on the U/S sheet that there's three hemorrhagic cysts on one side at 1.2-1.6cm. Probably not a good thing. I guess I'd better study and nap and wait for the afternoon phone call to find out for sure.
Our nice long vacation is looking less and less likely...

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Let us know what they found. What a nightmare? - Or, I hope there's none.