DH made the mistake of checking his work emails from home today. And found one from his boss telling him he's in charge of a product launch in March. The baby's due March 5th. And he's already doing a product launch in Feb and one in April. I guess the worst case scenario is that he's in the middle of something when we have the baby. I haven't determined if these involve him being out of town, though I know he's supposed to be away for 3 days in mid-late Feb. I guess I'd better have my mother on speed-dial as a backup, just in case. She'd love to be there in the delivery room, but I'd like to have it be just me and DH. She can meet the baby after we've had a chance to bond, just the three of us. Too bad my SIL let her and her own mother in for the birth of their first - sets a bad precedent.
He's also freaking about the move already. Spent a good chunk of the afternoon down in our locker in the basement of the apartment building seeing what's down there, trying to sort through what can be thrown out, and what will have to go with us. He wanted to bring up a bunch of boxes of stuff for me to sort through, but I don't want to start doing that kind of thing till I'm a little farther along and thing are still good.
I guess I'll have to start doing more stuff: must look into house insurance and moving companies next week. I'll have to get quotes from a few of each. At least that should be something I can do while I lie around here. Take a little of the pressure off him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Bad precedent indeed. The very idea of my mother being in the delivery room makes me want to start pre-planning the inevitable PTSD episodes that would follow. My mother was simply talking about coming to this country for the birth, and I started getting cold sweats! We're much better off with long distance skype video calls on the big day. :)
Sorry about all the stress and work of moving to a new home, etc. With your concerns about the contractions, that must make it hard to know what to do, and when to do it.
Post a Comment