Today I turn 35. It's hard to believe that I'm this old, and still live in a rented apartment, without a car, and with no baby. I guess at least I'm happily married! And thank God, I finally have a baby on the way. Advanced maternal age, here I am!
We're not doing much today. We'll probably watch some TV, DH will cook dinner, and he got us tickets to the symphony for later in Dec.
We'll need to pick our mover and get them booked, and I've got to try to get hold of the contractor who didn't end up making it on Monday so that we can at least get a quote from him for the work to be done on the new house. It's so sad - I love the place, but when we went through with the other contractor on Monday, we realized that there's only one air return vent working/installed in the entire house. There's one between the kitchen and living room that doesn't appear attached to anything, nor do I really know if there's duct work behind it. The bedrooms have none in them at all. I hope it's not going to be a huge issue, and that we'll be able to figure out some way to fix the problem without ripping up the whole house and paying an arm and a leg for it.
I hope we'll be able to take the car we want to buy for a test drive to one of the baby stuff stores to try out car seats in it. So far, we're not sure if either of our potential car seats will fit in it, and if they don't we'd better look for a different car instead. So many decisions and challenges these days!
Yesterday I had quite a number of tightenings again, doesn't seem as bad today so far. I really need this baby to flip over and get over kicking my cervix though - it's just not that fun!
ETA - and now I just got a call from our lawyer post title search. He thinks we may get stuck paying for a survey of the property for the title insurance, and that that could run us about $1000. Great.
And my great deal stroller from the US may not be such a great deal, once you add in brokerage fees for the courier. Hm. Might just preorder in Canada at this rate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Happy Birthday! I know the age thing can sort of get to you - Lordy, do I know. I just turned (*cough, choke*) 40, which nearly killed me. Talk about 'advanced maternal age'...
So don't get too down about it. As you say, you're happily married, happily (and healthily) pregnant, about to own your first home, and obviously have a great career in your life. Things couldn't be much more awesome than that!
About the house stuff, maybe there's no need to rush to any big decisions? Remember that someone has lived there as it is for a long time and they were fine (I assume). You can always spread out any major work as it's more convenient for you. Believe me, houses always need work done, no matter what you do the day before. It's never-ending. :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
The house stuff sounds stressful but in some ways its good to know, we walked into our house clueless and thousands of dollars later were still bewildered at what happened. Like the previous commenter said, all houses do need work, its great to have a house but sometimes I wish I'd never bought one and boughth a condo instead.
Happy Birthday
Happy Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday! You have so much going for you right now and it takes time to get the house in order and a car so take it one thing at a time. Chip away at your "to do" list slowly and it will all come together
this is my first visit to your blog via kate at waiting for sunflower. happy b-day!
i couldn't resist commenting on your cervix-kicking baby girl...i've been experiencing the same and i just had to pass along the advice my midwife gave me to assist my little bundle in turning around. she said when you feel her kicking your cervix, lean forward so that your baby will see there's more room up top. if you're at home, she said to get on the floor on your elbows and knees with your bum in the air for a bit. i think it may have worked for me, b/c after a few days of using this position a couple of times per day, i still feel movement, but haven't felt the cervix kicking for a while now.
best of luck in getting your baby girl to turn and congrats on your pregnancy!
Happy happy birthday! and
happy baby shopping too.
Your life sounds so full and busy right now. I hope you remember to breathe sometimes.
I am pretty sure we never are where we expected, and we never end up where we imagined.
but sometimes? sometimes it might just be better. I'm just sayin'. A very happy thanksgiving to you Kate,
wishing you all the very best.
Happy Birthday, Kate! You are NOT old. :) There are so many wonderful things to look forward to! Have a great year ahead.
Happy Birthday Kate!!! If you're old, then I'm even older. =)
how fun that you're doing hypnobirthing too! i'm most used to the response, "hypno--what?!" so your comment was a nice suprise.
i agree, the relaxation techniques are much more appealing to me than the actual hypnosis piece. and i think your instructor's right--whatever words for us is what matters most!
i hope you have a pain free natural childbirth, too--and why not through the big O in there for good measure?! :) have you seen that dvd? pretty amazingly crazy!
Happy belated birthday. Sorry to hear about the house craziness, but it looks like 35 will be your best and most exciting year yet. How absolutely marvelous is that. Also I will stick my tongue out and you for your 35 year old whining and call you a mere baby. ;-)
Happy Birthday Kate (sorry it is late)!
-Chris
Post a Comment