Tuesday, November 3, 2009

MFM appointment tomorrow morning

OK, 9am is the scheduled time. DH is annoyed because I can't find my hospital card. My health card, no problem. But the specific hospital card (I have one for each hospital I've been a patient at for bloodwork) has mysteriously disappeared between my trip to L&D 2 weeks ago and now. Since I've also managed to misplace my library card in the last 4-5 weeks, DH is not impressed. Oh well, neither is the end of the world. I'm sure they'll appear some time while I'm cleaning up and sorting stuff for our Jan move.
I've now been inspired to post a really crummy belly shot by Mommy's Midlife Crisis, who I think looks totally cute. Compare that to my wild hair from lying around in a recliner and on a couch all day. Plus my oh-so-not-matching scrubs bottoms and lime green top. And the poorly lit bathroom I decided to take the photos in. (DH isn't around to rope into it) On the left, I'm straining my poor abs to suck in the gut. On the right, it's all hanging out. 22w4d today, weight gain so far is 3.5kg or 7.7lb. Not so stellar. Hopefully it's enough, and hopefully they'll do a quickie growth ultrasound tomorrow as well as a check of my cervix. And hopefully she'll be growing on track, and the cervix will still be well over 5cm, and all will be well in my world for another day. Sorry, I don't have photoshop or anything to brighten up this photo at all.
Hope I don't frighten anyone! :) Oh, and I am 6' tall, so there's some territory there for the kid to spread out in.

6 comments:

MMC said...

LOVE the photo! It's cute! And the effort to suck in your stomach is very admirable, much more successful than I ever woulda been. (Though I figure you being 6' tall gives you an entirely unfair advantage!) ;)

I know you're worried about the lack of weight gain, and I hope the Wednesday appointment puts your mind at ease. The thing is, you're consciously eating well from the sounds of it, plus you're not burning a ton of calories... ergo, we can assume (or I do, anyway) your baby is getting well-nourished, she's just not the weight-gaining type. Yet. It'll come!

Michelle said...

Finally!! Belly photos! I love that you're trying to suck in the gut and she's still poking through; just a little, but it's there. The scan will go great tomorrow and you'll get to relax for another day. I love the frizz of hair popping out the top of the camera. I have fuzzies like that, too. They drive me mental. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope that the growth u/s puts you at ease! I am 5'8 and I am not as big as people "expect" me to be at almost 20 weeks but I have a long torso - I have gained 20ish pounds though!

So long as the baby is growing and has enough body fat later, it should be fine!

Jill M. said...

What an adorable baby bump! I got a feeling I won't be as cute. I'm only 5'1 and my torso is probably half the length of your torso. Thanks for sharing.

Jill M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yay! A belly pic! You look great. I bet you will hardly show at 6 ft! Would love another u/s pic as well.

- Chris