Thank you God - I'm 24 weeks today. Cervix still long and closed as of 2 days ago. She's moving up a storm a few times a day, which is incredibly reassuring. Sorry for the terrible photo, but now that I'm starting to get a belly, I figured I might as well post a few of the shots here.
And as of tomorrow, we'll have survived 8 weeks of these frequent tightenings. I was so terrified when they started, that I'd not even have a hope of making it to 24 weeks. Now, I'm beginning to have hope that I'll make it to 28, or even 32 or 34 weeks.
I'm so grateful that things have turned out as well as they have, and pray that they will continue to do so. I'd love to get to 28 weeks, be taken off my house arrest, and be able to go stroller and car seat shopping, as well as get back to work.
And I'm so grateful for everyone who's stopped by here to offer me words of encouragement or helpful advice. You've helped to keep me sane through all of this.
And as of tomorrow, we'll have survived 8 weeks of these frequent tightenings. I was so terrified when they started, that I'd not even have a hope of making it to 24 weeks. Now, I'm beginning to have hope that I'll make it to 28, or even 32 or 34 weeks.
I'm so grateful that things have turned out as well as they have, and pray that they will continue to do so. I'd love to get to 28 weeks, be taken off my house arrest, and be able to go stroller and car seat shopping, as well as get back to work.
And I'm so grateful for everyone who's stopped by here to offer me words of encouragement or helpful advice. You've helped to keep me sane through all of this.
PS. I finally outed myself on facebook today, IF and losses and all. Big step for me! I'd been planning to do it at 12 weeks after a good NT scan, then was too chicken. And then with the uterine irritability, I didn't feel confident enough to do it at 18.5 weeks either. Now that I've made this milestone, why not tell people. And I'm not going to hide the fact that this is a much longed for and worked for pregnancy. If I even help one other acquaintance by "coming out" to the greater world about the IF crap we've gone through, that will make me happy.

11 comments:
Congratulations and kudos on your "outing!" I wish more people discussed their infertility so people would realize how many people suffer through it.
So happy for you Kate!
-Chris
I already had one person write back and say that they'd done fertility treatments for both their kids, including 2 IVFs and a miscarriage before having #2. I never would have guessed.
But when it's such a big part of who I am, why not talk about it!
Congratulations on making it to 24 weeks. You have an absolutely cute belly and I look forward to hearing more good news in the weeks to come. You have been so brave and I really admire you for it. Keep it up kiddo.
Happy 24 weeks and what a beautiful You!
Congratulations on coming out, and bringing with it the truth, I think that is so important (when it is possible) since I think you will offer a lot of comfort to who knows how many folks?
and you-- so very glad you have made it this far, and hope with all my heart that your little one will hang in there for much, much longer and that you can enjoy moments of normalcy in this pregnancy.
wishing you the best,
Kate
Yay for 24 weeks! That is such a relief.
...you don't even look pregnant:) How is that possible?
Milestones are good and congrats on 24 weeks. Hope she stays safely tucked in for more weeks to come!
congrats on everything! and you don't even look pregnant: how is that possible? :)
I'm totally freaked out by how you look at 24 weeks. I'm 18 weeks and I look like I could deliver any day now. I know I'm having two, but seriously, how did you manage to keep it all so deep inside???
24 weeks is a huge milestone, one that is still so far in my future I try not to think about it. Congratulations!
Woo-hoo for 24 weeks!!! And congrats on your FB disclosure. :) Continuing to pray for that cervix to stay closed!
(BTW, you look amazing!!!)
Congrats! I'm glad you're surviving those pesky contractions. :)
many, many congrats to you on reaching this milestone! Many more are coming!
(and thanks so much for your kind words for me. I'm relaxing, and thinking good thoughts.)
Post a Comment