I had another weekly cervical ultrasound today.
Was 5.5cm last week, 5.8cm today. Thank you God! Despite further tightenings, it is still behaving, and I'm 22 weeks tomorrow. I hope things continue in the same vein. The baby was curled up in a ball right above my cervix. Butt to the right, head and feet to the left. Her chin was pretty much on her tummy, and her toes in her forehead. It looked pretty funny. There was plenty of space higher up in my uterus - why can't she move up there for a change? 
My OB's secretary phoned this morning (just as I was trying to go back to sleep, sadly) to let me know I've got a high-risk OB appointment next Wed at 9am. Not with the preterm labour docs, but with the one I saw on call last week or one of the others (who was one of the ones not highly recommended by one of my former staff who works with them all). They're both fairly stern, with less of a bedside manner than some of the others, so we'll see how that goes. At least I'm not willing to put up with too much, unless the criticism is warranted, so I'll be able to fight back if necessary. I've been told to not use any creams on my belly for 72 hours beforehand, especially not ones with cocoa butter, because it might affect the ultrasound. I'm not sure quite why that would be, but wonder if it might be more of a "it could damage our probe" rather than "it could make the quality of the scan worse". I've forewarned DH about the appointment so that he can come and watch the scan - he missed the T2 anatomy scan 3 weeks back.
In not-so-great-news, my DH was out of town on business this week. One of his colleagues stayed home from work from Tues on because he had a fever, and apparently he now feels like shit with nearly all the symptoms of H1.N1. I'm not yet vaccinated, and am just praying that DH didn't pick it up from him on Mon. I'm thinking of semi-quarantining DH - he can sleep on the bed in his office and avoid kissing/touching me too much for the next 4 days or so, until we're pretty sure he's clear of the incubation period for H1.N1. I'll be keeping my distance, that's for sure! No point in getting the vaccine now, as it wouldn't kick in in time to protect me and baby. I'm planning to get the non-adjuvanted one next week when it comes out. It'd better arrive on schedule!
In not-so-great-news, my DH was out of town on business this week. One of his colleagues stayed home from work from Tues on because he had a fever, and apparently he now feels like shit with nearly all the symptoms of H1.N1. I'm not yet vaccinated, and am just praying that DH didn't pick it up from him on Mon. I'm thinking of semi-quarantining DH - he can sleep on the bed in his office and avoid kissing/touching me too much for the next 4 days or so, until we're pretty sure he's clear of the incubation period for H1.N1. I'll be keeping my distance, that's for sure! No point in getting the vaccine now, as it wouldn't kick in in time to protect me and baby. I'm planning to get the non-adjuvanted one next week when it comes out. It'd better arrive on schedule!

10 comments:
Great news on the cervix. It seems like the tightenings are not affecting the cervix at all so that's good.
I'm so glad to hear the cervix is holding strong. Big relief!
About the lotions, I wonder if it has something to do with the ingredients in certain formulations. Mica and other things that are in some of them for subtle shimmer effects might well have a reflective effect on the u/s scanner instrumentation. That could mess up an image, I would think. Just a thought, anyway.
I got my H1N1 shot yesterday. It apparently takes about 8+ days to provide full vaccination protection, so I'm crossing my fingers to get through that wait time. Where I live, that flu is showing up everywhere these days, so they recommended I get the adjuvanted version and not wait for the non-adjuvanted.
Anyway, I'm really glad all is going well for you this week. I hope the modified bed rest isn't driving you too nuts. :)
Great news. Its all so nerve wrecking but the good news is your little girl is staying strong and all is well!!
Yay cervix!!!
That's great about your cervix!! Those ultrasounds must be so exciting. Sounds like your little one is staying all curled up and cozy!
Not good news about the sick coworker. I'm praying that your DH will stay well, and that you will stay healthy, too.
Good luck with the upcoming appointment! I'm not sure what the cocoa butter thing is about...strange. Hopefully the doctor won't be too stern, and you won't need to put him in his place.
glad to hear that your cervix is hanging in there. What a roller coaster this has been! Always good to read your updates.
Mo
That's a great cervical length! Wow, look at that leg bone, I'm not sure I envy you when that baby kicks, lol!
Cool pictures! I hope it's not H1N1 and DH will get well soon.
I don't think I've ever heard of a cervix being that long. Seriously:) I think you are going to be fine. Hooray!
...almost to 24 weeks.
Cute baby pic! :)
Post a Comment