Well, no surprises here, the tightenings are still continuing. My regular OB (Dr D) is now back in town, so I'm going to swing by and see her on Tuesday for another check. Then I see her anyhow the next week after my big T2 ultrasound.
It's very weird to be slacking off this much at work. $11000 for the IVF is nothing compared to what I'm NOT earning by taking all these days off for the next little while. Oh well, if that's what it takes to make me feel like I did everything I could to get our kiddie here safely, I'll deal with it. I can always ramp things up again later in pregnancy if things settle down again and I'm at a safer point.
I had trouble sleeping on Saturday night again, but held off from taking a sleeping pill again. I was wondering as I was lying there after midnight whether I felt the baby kick a little. There were a few intermittent little tiny popping feelings where I don't think my guts were hanging out. I haven't noticed any since though - I guess time will tell!
I'm now also back on Can.esten for a possible yeast infection. I felt like the perineal one I had earlier in pregnancy was back, and decided I'd better treat myself for a possible internal one too, just in case. Of course I ran it by Dr N first.
This week I'll be working Mon, Wed and Thurs. I've also got a training course Mon and Tues nights for 3 hours up at my hospital, which will involve quite the commute, as usual. Then we'll have to see how I'm feeling and maybe will head to my Mum's for Thanksgiving weekend. A change of living room scenery would probably be nice at this point, and a little babying from someone other than DH would be good too. I'm sure he's getting sick of running around for me.
As usual, I have nothing deep or meaningful to say. Sorry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Are you eligible for disability pay? I am not sure how all of that works - but we can get short term and long term disability - if you cannot/should not be working, your doc could write you a note and you could submit that.
Thinking of you - and I hope it all passes.
Kate
been following along and wishing you well. so sorry to hear that the tightening isn't letting up. look forward to hearing what the doctor says...i think you're doing an amazing job of keeping your wits about you. i think i'd be losing it. hang in there.
Mo
Hope everything is going well and you're managing to entertain yourself and keep the worry to a minimum. Let us know how the next ultrasound goes. Good luck with everything.
Every week down is more time so that's good. It's exciting that you've felt some movement - another plus! Don't feel bad for "slacking off" - it's not as if you're sitting at home eating bon bons...you're resting and allowing your body to nourish your baby. You can be sitting perfectly still and still exerting enough energy to climb a mountain, or so the books say! After everything you've been through to get to this point, don't let work get you down. Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm getting so worried about you. This sounds very scary. I hope that your OB can give you some insight to why this is happening. I understand the frustration in missing work too. We decided for me to take a little break while I got pregnant and boy this delay is getting expensive. Congrats on the 18 week mark, let's get another 18 more without incident.
Post a Comment