DH felt her kick for the first time today, and seemed pretty amazed. He felt the little tap where I told him she'd just been kicking me, and asked if that had been her. What did he think, my sigmoid colon wanted to jump out and say hi?
I hadn't felt much activity for the last couple days, so I had a quick peek with the ultrasound before heading home from work late last night (the case, which I agreed to stay to finish because it was only supposed to go till 4pm didn't finish till 5:30pm). One of the OB nurses took me to task again for pestering my poor baby, and telling me I should just leave the poor child alone. I just spent 5 seconds to see her heart beating, and then had one 2 second peek at my cervix to see if it still looked long, which I think it was. I didn't get home till 8pm though, which sucked. 5 more days till the next official cervix check, and I'm working Mon-Wed next week, so if it's still looking good at nearly 21weeks after all those days of work, I'll be a pretty happy camper.
I think we're about to sign up for a hypnobirthing course for Nov/Dec. I really don't want to do a traditional course because I think I'll be bored to death, and I don't know that the Lamaze breathing really does all that much. But I read up on hypnobirthing a few years back, and have always been intrigued. For $315, why not try it out?
And I bought a BF cover-up online yesterday. http://www.uddercovers.com/ With the discount code "chatter" at checkout, you get one for shipping only ($8.95 US). You might want to check them out. I wouldn't pay $32 for that, but for $9, why not? I got my Mom to buy the other pattern I liked, so I'll have two now. Shipped them to my brother in the US, but there'd better be plenty of time to pick those up (or have Mum get them for me) before this kiddie arrives.
DH still hasn't told his family we're having a girl. I've been spreading the word because I'm excited. I think he's going to end up keeping it a surprise from them. Doesn't matter to me - I just hope I don't give the game away to them at some point!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I think the hypnobirthing course sounds fascinating. I'm signed up for a traditional class myself (and I need it... I'm virtually clueless about everything birth-related) but I'm open to trying other things, too.
I loved the uddercovers you linked to, and couldn't resist: I went ahead and bought one, too! Like you say, for $9, why not?
HypnoBirthing, that sounds cool! I did HypnoFertility sessions and it was great. Please give a review on it after you check it out.
You are sooo lucky to get to do so many u/s!!!! I hear you mention checking your cervix often, are you prone to an imcompetent cervix? I had a leep back in 2004 and I'm a little scared that my cervix may not be able to do its job. I know the ob/gyn will check it every 2 wks, but that just doesn't seem to be often enough, a lot can handle in that amount of time.
I second the request from Jill M regarding a review of the hypnobirthing course. I also did hypnofertility sessions which I found to be very helpful so I'm curious to hear what you think of the hypnobirthing.
Udder Covers - never heard of them but yes, for $9, why not? Thanks for sharing and maybe if I wait long enough, the Canadian $ may be worth more than the US $ and I could get it for less than $9!!
Has the lower abdominal tightening stopped?
Glad to hear that things are going well! The hypnobirthing sounds amazing!
I'm reading the hypnobirthing book right now. There is no class where I live so I have to "self train" using the book. It's pretty cool stuff.
Post a Comment