We dragged ourselves out to go see our new house with our real estate agent and her favourite designer yesterday. We brought along a tape measure and a camera, and then barely ended up using either, which I'm really annoyed with after the fact, because I think I seriously need more accurate measurements of some of the spaces to make reno/decorating decisions. We've got an old bedroom set that I still really like that I want to put in the future downstairs guest room, but I can't figure out if it'll fit in with the built-in closet we want to install and the current built-in desk, or if the chest of drawers will even make it into the room at all. I have a feeling it'll end up in the closet.
I've got to email the designer/architect guy tomorrow to say we want to work with him (hopefully $125/h is a reasonable price - he said he'd expect to do about 8-10 hours of work total). Really, I don't feel like doing all the running around looking for stuff, especially when I'm at risk for preterm labour, and he gets designer discounts at a number of stores, plus can advise us on what to get to buy within our budget. Of course setting a budget is a whole other dilemna. We want to get quality furniture that will last, be contemporay/classic, and not break the bank. He wants us to tell him how much we want to spend. I kind of want to get an idea what we can get for X dollars.
At least we still love the house, and can't wait to move in there in about 3 months time!
Then in the evening, after lying around for a while, we went out to a fancy japanese restaurant for our anniversary dinner. It had been 12 years since our first date. Food was delicious, and I even risked eating a little sushi, because I'm sure this restaurant only handles top-quality seafood. I think the baby liked it, and must take after her daddy, because when I went to bed after midnight, she was going nuts in there. She's still going a little wild today. Not that I'm complaining. I love the kicks, and find them very reassuring.
Now I'm going to be on my own for 4 days while DH is out of town. Hopefully I won't starve while he's gone! He's planning to stock the larder a little before he goes, so I should survive.
Hopefully the high risk clinic will get back to me tomorrow with an appointment. If I haven't heard anything by Tuesday, I'll phone them to see if they got all the referral. Squeaky wheel (though not obnoxious) will hopefully get the grease.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
How fun!! Hopefully all the errands and legwork for the decor can be cared for without you needing to come along.
Hope the clinic gets back to you quickly...and happy anniversary!!
That's so exciting that you're getting a designer! I have all these grand ideas and no idea how to carry them out. A designer would be the perfect person to help me focus my efforts and the perfect distraction for you.
I've never had sushi but it's on my Bucket List, along with a full day at the spa!
Moving is tough, but I love moving into new spaces and houses. There is SO much to do, but it's YOURS and you can do so much with the space.
Good luck with everything!!!
Kate,
I know exactly how you feel on the income issue, I have to wait until December for any disability (60% of my pay).
I'm afraid I end up wasting away the days watching t.v. as well. I have a stack of books to read, insurance to research, but I still spend the day, eating, watching t.v., and napping---oh, and peeing! I only spend a short time on the internet since I don't have a laptop and don't want to spend the money on one. Oh, well. At least the days go by pretty fast.
Good luck with moving! Thankfully we got that out of the way right before bedrest started. Although it's just a rental so we didn't have to worry about renovating.
Just checking in to see how you're doing! I shared your super-sperm comment with C, and he loved it. It was all him, no ICSI. He is so proud of himself!! It's pretty funny.
Hope you are doing well, and that all the house stuff is coming together!
Post a Comment