My little uterus is still acting up despite 5 days of resting at home, eating, drinking, and staying supine most of the day. Lucky me. The last couple days I was probably up to about 16 tightenings a day, with them mostly in the lower belly right above the pubic bone. I had a couple yesterday that were definitely the whole uterus, feeling it like a little tight ball in there up to a couple cm below my belly button. I think I've had 5-6 of that kind today, even a few in a row mid-morning.
So far it doesn't really feel like there's been any change in my cervix that I can notice when I'm popping in the lastest prometrium suppositories. That's the only thing that's really reassuring me at this point. I'll check myself with the portable U/S tomorrow at work to see if I can notice any major change in cervical length, and if things look relatively stable, I think I'll try to get a real ultrasound done on Monday to double-check. I'll be 18.5 weeks by then.
After 20 weeks, I'll be allowed to go to L&D if I'm freaking out about anything or worried about PTL. That will be a huge relief, because they'll actually treat me after that point, I think. Up to 20 weeks, it seems like you're out of luck (well, unless the cervix shortens so much you need a rescue cerclage).
Darn it, I'd thought things would go a heck of a lot more smoothly than this at this stage in the pregnancy. I just hope I can hold out for at least another 13 weeks before having the baby. And I really hope I'm wrong that I'll end up with PTL and a preemie. Let's hope God's still looking out for me and still has a good plan for DH and I and our family. It's really the only thing I can hold on to at this point.
And our house passed the inspection with flying colours, so come mid-Jan, we'll be home-owners!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I can't imagine what you're going through, you seem to be handling this as well as one can. What other reasons can there be for this to be happening? What are the doctors saying? Are they concerned? I'm thinking of you and hope the uterus behaves itself and little bean comes right on time.
I can't remember if you had a UA done yet. I was getting contractions like you've described back a few weeks ago. My m/w sent me for a UA and it turned out I had a UTI. Once the great big orange pills were in my system there's been nothing but braxton hicks since then. Thanks for the update, I've been thinking about you!
That has to be so, so stressful. I hope that it calms down and the next few months are uneventful...
I'm sorry the tightening hasn't gone away...it certainly is worrisome and it sounds like you have done everything you can do to rest and relax. Hang in there!
Hoping for the best for you- it sounds like things have been busy... hoping for things to stay uneventful from here on out, in a good way.
that is so massively stressful. any answers from your doctor?
congrats, though, on home ownership!
Post a Comment