Hanging in here (my sanity by a thread!). I tried to take it really easy at work yesterday. 3 cases, lots of sitting around, no pushing anything particularly heavy. I feel strange sitting around asking everyone else to do stuff for me. At this point, many nursing and doctor colleagues know exactly what's going on, because I figured they might as well understand why I'm so paranoid and anxious.
Shortly after 11am, I was done the morning cases, and managed to head over for an ultrasound to check on my cervix. The tech also told me I just needed to relax and not get so worried about things - some tightening and stretching is normal. She said that although there's some variation in cervical length, and it depends a little on how full your bladder is when they measure it, a shortened cervix is really obvious, and mine wasn't short. She measured it at 3.7cm (vs 4.2 last Sunday). I'm not sure what the measurement error is, but I think it can't be too far off 4-5mm. Hopefully this means that the uterine activity isn't having much effect on how closed and long my cervix stays.
Of course even so, I'm still freaked out. Broke down in tears last night again, feeling so worried about everything and so sorry that I'm making DH wait on me hand and foot when I'm at home. 24 weeks and viability feels so bloody far away!
I'm only working Thurs and Friday next week, and then will only be working Tues-Thurs, assuming everything still looks ok. I'll just have to make it up to my colleagues later on. Thankfully they seem to be very sympathetic and kind so far. Who knows how long that will last. I think it may have helped that I worked pretty hard and took a little extra call and stayed late a few extra times earlier on in the pregnancy, so they realize I actually do enjoy working and can pull my own weight.
House inspection is today - if it passes, we've got a house come January!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
wishing you the best on all fronts!
I'm super happy to hear that you're taking some opportunities to take it easy at work, well, as much as you can anyway. I also hope that the home inspection went flawlessly so you can move on with getting settled before the baby arrives. Will you post some pictures??
Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry that you have this stress and scary situation to deal with. I'm glad you have arranged to make your workload easier. Don't worry about taking care of yourself. Remember, everyone wants to help you. My heart dropped when I read that you were crying, I hope it all gets better soon. Sending you a really big hug.
It's good that you could take some time off work. I wonder whether these contractions could come from stress? Your work schedule was pretty intense. I had bad cramps last Friday all day while at work when I was overly stressed; my period is not due for another week. They stopped when I relaxed at home.
I am sure your co-workers understand your condition; please, don't worry about your work. It's exciting news about getting a new house.
I hope everything will work out for you. **Hugs**
Thank you for the thoughtful comment on my blog. I appreciate the well wishes.
I'm sorry things seem so scary right now. Try not to worry about work, I'm sure your co-workers really do understand and if not - they'll get over it. =)
Hang in there!
Post a Comment