Friday, March 19, 2010

She's here! (And is sucking my poor nipples raw)

Can't type well enough with one hand to add details yet. Induced 10:30pm Mar 15th, born just after 4am Mar 16th. 7lb3oz. Currently clusterfeeding the shit out of my raw nipples... Good thing she's cute!


22 comments:

Maya said...

What an angel! Congratulations!!!! :)

sprogblogger said...

Oh she's lovely - well worth the wait! Congratulations, & I hope feeding time becomes less painful very very soon!

lastchanceivf said...

Hooray hooray hooray! She's here and adorable and perfect in every single way! CONGRATULATIONS--you have officially made it!

Once Upon A Time said...

She is adorable! I'm so happy for you! Hang in there with the nipples- I know that feeling all too well- use lots of Lanolin! an't wait to hear and see more when you have time!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Get some Lansinoh for the nips, and make sure she is latched on correctly.

Michelle said...

I don't care what anyone says about breastfeeding not being painful if baby is latched correctly. It hurt terribly for the first week or so after each of my kids. Nipples aren't used to that kind of constant abuse!

Grit your teeth, hold your breath and curl your toes, it'll pass very, very soon.

She's perfect and I'm, oh, so very jealous you have a daughter! :)

Mo said...

Oh Kate! She's here! And she's scrumptious! Congratulations!!! And Kate's poor nipples - hang in there! Hopefully things will get better in the next week or so.

sandibeach said...

Congratulations... she is just beautiful.. what a precious gem!! Can't wait to hear all the details, seems like a quick labour overall. Your nipples will get tough very quickly!!

Shelly said...

Ahhhhh.....Love the thumb sucking pose! She is a cutie! Happy you both are doing fine! I was getting worried about you.

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!!! She is beautiful!!!

nipple shields work wonders btw! Hope your nipples toughen up - mine did after about a week. Hurray for a good breast feeder though! that's great news!!!

birdsandsquirrels said...

Oh Kate, she is gorgeous! Congratulations! I'm sorry about the sore nipples. After 3 days of that I was ready to give up on breastfeeding but nipple shields helped. I hope it doesn't get that bad for you, but if it does, ask a LC about them. It is not ideal to use them, but that is the only way I have been able to keep nursing.

K said...

Congrats Kate! she is lovely!!!

quadmom said...

Awww she is simply adorable!! Congratulations, mama!!

MMC said...

Congratulations! She's so lovely! And about the breastfeeding, if I just may add two words: nipple shields. :)

Lisa said...

I'm finally delurking to tell you Congratulations! She's beautiful, and it's about time someone out there had a girl!!

Kate said...

Congratulations!
such a beauty! look at those CHEEKS!

so very sorry about your nipples, I hope you can figure something out that makes you both happy.

Happy beautiful baby, Kate!
I am so very very happy for you-

xoxo
Kate

Kristy said...

Congrats! She's gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

sweet baby! love the pics and congratulations!!

Jill M. said...

Yeahhhh, she's here!!! What's her name? Sorry about your poor nipples, that does not sound like fun! Can't wait to hear your birth story and see more photos. Hugs

Jules a.k.a. Julie said...

She's so beautiful, Kate! Congratulations!! And I hope feeding time gets easier soon! So happy all is well!

IF Optimist, then... said...

Congratulations! She is wonderful and precious. I am so very happy to know that you are both healthy and getting to know each other. Sorry to hear about the feeding situation, but I'm sure you'll both get in sync really fast.

Victoria said...

A rough starting journey
A beautiful ending
Congrats and wishing you a great journey through motherhood.