Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bladder infection?

My lower abdomen has been feeling tender for the last couple days. Last noght, I started feeling some crotch pain in the region of my urethra. No blood in my urine (yet), no fever. But my nether regions are not happy.
I called the postprtum ward at my hospital, and they just told me to get a doctor's appointment in the next couple days. Not sure if I an wait till Mon though. Maybe they have someone in the family pratice clinic on Sat? Will soon find out...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am on antibiotics for a UTI - not fun, I know...

Sandibeach said...

I've had more bladder infections than I can count.... it burns to pee and you have the urge to pee all the time, even though your bladder is almost empty. Macrobid is safe to take while pregnant and breastfeeding and works great. I suggest you go to walkin clinic.. it gets much worse as time passes..drinks lots in the meantime, dilutes it and not as painful. HOpe you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm dealing with the same thing right now. I'm on an antibiotic for a UTI but I'm still having pain/burning. I'm not done with the course of meds yet though. When I was in the hospital the nurses let my folie catheter back up so I think that's why I'm having problems....yes...it backed up. They didn't check it and then said "oh, we didn't think it would fill up so fast..." Dummies...they were the ones pushing the IV fluids!!! Sigh....hope you feel better soon. Is is possible to call your OB and just have them call in a script? Feel better soon!

Lindsey
Fertile Journeys

Anonymous said...

Oh yuck, having to deal with that on top of the already fun uncomfortableness that results from delivery. Hope you are able to see the doctor soon. I'm not surprised that a UTI could result given all that goes on down there. Take care of yourself.

Karen said...

Sure hope you got into to see a Dr. this week-end. Bladder infections are noooooooooooooo fun!
Blessings,Karen

Kate said...

Hope you got checked out on Saturday and that you re ok!

no fun at all.
My optimal urethra condition is one of complete unawareness. hate knowing it is there, that always bodes badly.

hope you're feeling better already,
xo
Kate

Jules a.k.a. Julie said...

Hope you are feeling much better, Kate!