Saturday, March 13, 2010

41+1 and still going strong

This is getting ridiculous! After the tightenings from 16+2 onwards that had me convinced I wasn't even going to get to 24 weeks, how can it be that I'm starting to think I'll actually make it to Monday's appointment and likely induction?? How ironic is that?
Caved in and checked again this morning after another piece of mucous plug emerged - no change from a couple days ago, or even really last week. This is nuts!
I've only had a couple episodes of real reflux durinig the pregnancy, and the third was last night, where I suddenly woke up with stomach contents in the back of my throat, convinced I was about to vomit. Since I didn't want to mess up the bedsheets, I restrained myself. But man, was that gross. Then I couldn't get back to sleep, what with the reflux and the high winds and rain that kept making me think the house was going to blow over. An hour later I found myself searching the bathroom cabinets looking for my tums. I'd only taken about two through the pregnancy, so I knew there were lots somewhere, but I couldn't find them easily. Finally (after DH woke up and asked if everything was ok) I located them and chewed up a couple before lying down again to try and sleep. Not my most restful night ever, by any means.
Today I'm doing a couple more loads of laundry, washing some of the cute second-hand baby clothes that I didn't really need but had to buy last week ($96 for a whole bunch of stuff), and washing up the guest bedding and duvet that have been in storage for the last year and a half.
Maybe all this productive work will get things moving? Somehow I doubt it!

11 comments:

MMC said...

I've also bought a lot of used baby things - it's a lot of fun, like a treasure hunt. :)

I'm sorry your wait continues... I'm sure you're getting way too anxious at this point! Just keep working on those preparations around the house to keep your mind off things as much as you can.

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling your pain.
Right behind you.
40 weeks 6 days.
Will this ever end?
I told my MIL this morning that: I'm sorry, but you cannot come to stay at my house right now. It just would not be good for anyone...
Hoping you go soon. yes. even before me. it's only fair. :)

Kate said...

I can't imagine how "impatient" you must feel-- wondering when? how?
I hope you are in labor RIGHT NOW.

and if not, I hope you are good at distracting yourself.

My vote? preemptive tums tonight, early bed, maybe romance...get some sleep if you can without mouthbarf (so very sorry)-- and be awakened at, say, 4am with nice strong contractions.


thinking of you,
Kate

Clare said...

Come on baby! We want to meet you!!

Shelly said...

Geeeez! I am anxious for you! Curious to see if she has hair since you haven't had that much reflux. Time will tell!

one-hit_wonder said...

isn't reflux massively gross? i only got it once but that was enough for me!

i bought most of ninja's stuff second-hand - saved a bundle and got the CUTEST things!

i'll keep checking in for news!

one-hit_wonder said...

p.s. you asked me to send an e-mail with ninja's name but i don't have your e-mail address! do you have mine? if so, drop me a line (unless you're already in labour)!

What IF? said...

Woah, this little girl sure is taking her sweet time to meet you. As if 40 weeks of suspense wasn't enough!

Hoping you get to cuddle with your little one very very soon. Hang in there.

Oh and thanks for stopping by my blog tonight. I loved your comment.

Sunny said...

Ugh! What a long wait, you are doing so well hanging in there. Sending you major labor vibes... come on little one!

Jill M. said...

Oh my on your mom and the ice cream! Seriously, wait till she finishes it and then tell her you are dying for some of that ice cream and ask her if she would mind getting you a bowl. Make her admit that she ate the entire thing and then make her go get you some more!

Jill M. said...

Opps, my comment above was meant for your last post. So now a comment for this post, wowser that you are still going especially after all that worry about not making it to 24w. I told you just wait, you'll for sure go overdue now... but I didn't realize you would go this overdue. So induction is tomorrow?? Sending lots of vibes to squirmy that it's time to get out!