And is it bad of me to not only be irritated by that, but by the fact that my mother is eating up all my junk food? She's quite overweight, always used to be on a diet, eats more than DH and I do at mealtimes, gets really grumpy if you don't offer her food frequently. And now she's just taken her second helping of ice cream (the stuff we bought and hadn't opened yet) after lunch. Hope if she finishes anything off that she'll restock!
I know I'm being irritable and picky, but we love our ice cream, and we'll be pissed if all the really good stuff is gone after the interminable visit. No end in sight, since this kid still hasn't shown any indication of arriving any time soon.
ETA: It's now 3 hours after we started to have a very late lunch. I'm still full (had a couple cookies for dessert). She had 2 helpings of ice cream, waited 1.5 hours, and has now cracked open my Do.ritos. I seriously don't remember her doing this at my brother's place when she's there forever. She'll sit around and get grumpy, but she'll also bring lots of food down with her, and won't scavenge through their cupboards. Maybe their secret is that they don't keep much junk food in the house? I just don't get how someone who always goes on about how hard it is to lose weight can just keep on eating and eating. And now she's also cracked open one of DH's regular colas. Not one of the diet ones, nope, the 300 calorie per pop one. WTF? If she's that hungry and bored and hasn't got anything to occupy herself with, maybe she should just start making dinner.
And now you all know that I'm just a total bitch in not-so-good disguise. Come on baby, show yourself and get it back to just being you and Daddy and me! I didn't feel much like entertaining or being sociable while having the early contractions, nor do I feel like it now. I went walking with her earlier today, talked en route. I don't have that much to say for myself that I want to constantly be making small talk. Just want to surf the blogs, read some trashy books, and watch a little brainless TV while I await my baby. She was warned before coming up days and days ago that I wouldn't be offering much entertainment at this point - but still she seems irritated to be left to her own devices. Frustrating!
ETA (again): Wow, 3 helpings of ice cream in one day. How can she do this? Even I, with NO willpower whatsoever, don't eat it 3 times a day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
I think that if I were going on 41 weeks everyone in my immediate vicinity would already be good at ducking and covering. They sure wouldn't be eating my ice cream. Have you considered throwing things?
Seriously, sorry this (both the overdueness & the annoying visit) are dragging on so long. Wishing you a nicely distracting baby ONE OF THESE DAYS to take the edge off! Thinking laborish thoughts for you.
I think you have every right to be irritable between this baby who just won't make its debut and a dwindling ice cream supply! Will they induce at a certain point?
You're still pg??? Come on squirmy! Tell your mom to lego the dingdongs, twinkies, ho hos and especially the good ice cream! ;-) I would say hide the ice cream, but it would melt. Maybe you could wait until it's gone and then ask your mom if she would please bring you some of that ice cream as you are just dying for some... and she'll be like oh crap, I have to tell her I ate the whole thing!
Jeeez! She scares you all pregnancy with tightenings, etc and now she's saying "SIKE" and resting around in there? Not cool little girl!!! I hope she comes soon sans induction- I can imagine the waiting is getting agonizing. Now your blog title is truly truly relevant to the way you feel. Well, we're here impatiently waiting with you. I hope she comes as soon as possible.
This must be getting pretty frustrating. And, wow, do I ever thank god every day that my mother wasn't around over this past week and before I had baby. No matter how much I love her, she'd have sent me over the edge.
I've found the hardest thing has been dealing with other people in general this past week or so - you and DH are wise in your plan to try and create some space for yourself once your girl arrives.
I'm with Sprogblogger. I think I would be throwing things at this point! Hoping Squirmy makes her appearance super-duper soon (and that there's still ice cream in the house!)
My goodness, 41 weeks! Come out baby!
My mother would be great friends with your mother. She's visiting me right now and today she has consumed 1/2 gallon of chocolate ice cream, probably 12 chocolate chip cookies, 1/2 gallon of chocolate milk, AND a venti hot chocolate from starbucks. In my mom's world there is only one food group: chocolate. And the woman is a nurse! She should know better. I don't know how she doesn't have diabetes yet.
Good luck defending your ice cream.
hope your baby comes soon!
Sounds like it's time for mom to go home (or at the very least go grocery shopping). Hope baby comes soon!
Wow how frustrating that there's no baby yet ... I hope things start going soon or you will have no more food left to survive the wait! ;)
Seriously, I am pregnant with quads and don't eat that much. How is she doing it??
wowee, hurry up baby, before you damage your mommy's relationship with your grandma forever! lol
seriously, though, i hope babe comes TODAY!
p.s. have you tried any natural induction strategies? they seemed to work for me but who knows - could've been a coincidence.
Oh my- approaching 41 weeks and expected to cater/deal with your mom? I HOPE the next post I read brings fantastic news!
You're absolutely right, I could be looking at 17 more days, not just 10. But it is 10 until the due date and 17 would be the max, because the doctor said they would induce at that point. I'm trying to stay positive and hope that my body and baby will finally start cooperating! And I hope the same for you!
Post a Comment