Friday, March 26, 2010

DH has scratched the crap out of our parquet floor

Jeez, I have a brilliant husband. Our new sideboard was delivered yesterday. Rather than ask me to put down the baby long enough to help put felt pads under the height adjusters on the legs, he decided to shove it across the floor to move it into position. And didn't check around all legs after the first careful push to see if it was scratching the floor. So now we have a huge scratch, over 1 foot long, in front of the foot where a screw was protruding below the height adjuster. And another deeper but shorter scratch behind it. Joy.
I also started using our cloth prefolds and covers yesterday. It appears they gave us 3 small and the rest newborn size (which are smaller and with fewer layers). I used up the small ones during the day, so I got a bit of a surprise at night when I found I hadn't folded the newborn one well, leading to the diaper slipping, and poop leaking out one leg hole and all over the clean onesie, sleeper, and my PJ top. Just what I wanted to deal with at 5am. Had to give her to DH while I spot-treated the poo stains.
She seems to now have a fussy period in the evenings, where the only time she's quiet is if she's being fed. I end up taking her to bed with me, feeding her for ages, and then ignoring the fussing while she lies on my chest until we fall asleep. Then she's back to normal a couple hours later at the next feed.
I finally got her to like being in my Mo.by wrap yesterday, but only in the upright position. It was so nice to have both hands free and a quiet baby.

4 comments:

Dandle Dreams said...

How are you finding the cloth diapers? A lot of people seem to be big fans. Hope you get some more sleep soon.

Kate said...

So far the cloth diapers are ok. I'll see how things go over the weekend. It seems amazing how much the prefolds soak up moisture - I don't think I realized how much this kiddie was peeing till I picked up the sodden cotton diaper. Or how much of her poop is just liquidy and gets absorbed by the diaper. I am glad we're using a diaper service though, because I just don't feel like washing them myself. Apart from folding the one poorly and leaving it with too much room to shift around inside the cover, they seem to work pretty well. I'll update in a couple weeks. Hope the IUI goes smoothly tomorrow!

Once Upon A Time said...

Ah, poop adventures. It's amazing how much our life now revolves aroud somebody else's bodily functions. :)

Jill M. said...

Oh darn dh! Mine scratched our floor by moving the treadmill as he was too impatient to wait for me to put some rugs under it. Now I shake my head everytime I see the scratched wood floor. Men! LOL

Please give us a review of cloth diapering after you've had some time to work with it. I would be interested in hearing your take.

When do we get to see more pics of Kara?