I kept being hopeful that maybe finally something would kick in, especially when we decided to go out to dinner with my Mom last night. I had the odd contraction during the night, but nothing to write home about. But no, nothing regular or strong or that's doing anything (cervix is still unchanged from last time I had a check). At this rate, I won't be surprised if I do end up being induced on Monday.
Not what I was expecting, nor am I looking forward to meeting a pitocin IV.
I'll keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Ah man! :( I hope she comes soon!!! Who knew she'd take her sweet time after all the teases she brought on in the second trimester? i guess when it comes to birth, expect the unexpected.
I dont know if they work but I hear "have sex, walk a lot, eat eggplant" as ways to induce labor, but if they were surefire ways I'm sure we'd have no post-due-date births!
Seriously?? OMG, I thought for sure you'd be making more progress by now. Praying against the evil pitocin!!!! Come on squirmy, it's eviction time!
Ah, that baby needs to come out! Sure wish there was a guarantee that baby would come NO LATER than your due date - just doesn't seem fair! Well, anyways, hope things start progressing quickly! Hang in there, I'm sure these final days must seem the very longest.
Ah, come on Squirmy! EXIT!!! :-) Hang in there! Thinking of you!
She doesn't want to come out! Hang in there! I look forward to reading your birth story and "meeting" her!
Oh my Kate, well then, I hope you can avoid induction - but maybe there is a middle way? something not quite pitocin but not quite waiting?
acupuncture?
thinking of you and hoping your little girl decides to come out come out soon please!
hugs to you,
Kate
Hi Kate, This is KateMV from the old BBC board. I just heard you were (over)due and wanted to wish you the best! I look forward to hearing the good news soon.
Hope you can avoid the pit Kate.
Chris
I hope things happen and you can avoid the pitocin, but I think that K's suggestions may only work when you walk, have sex and eat eggplant at the same time. Difficult, so I can see the reason there haven't been any formal peer-reviewed studies. ;-)
Oh I hope you don't have to be induced! Come on baby!!
Thinking of you today, Kate! Hoping you are holding your sweet angel soon!
Post a Comment