K's birth weight on the 16th was 3255g. By the 20th, she had dropped to 2970g, but by the 22nd she was back to 3005g. As of today, the 29th, her 13th day of life, she's only up to 3100g, which is quite a bit below her birth weight, and which she should be back up to at this point.
I'm a little worried now. I know she's alert, and she's making decent amounts of wet and dirty diapers, but still. I thought we were doing better at this breastfeeding thing than we actually are. For now I'm supposed to feed her every 2 hours and go back on Thurs for a weight check. I really don't want to have to supplement or pump at this point.
I had my urine sent for culture today. Have a script for macrobid if it comes back positive. There were tons of leukocytes but no nitrites on the dip, so my OB suggested waiting on the antibiotics until the culture comes back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hoping for good news on both the weight and culture!!! Hang in there!
The worrying never stops does it? It's so hard to see her doing well and then have the scale imply otherwise - I've been there. Hopefully Thursday will show some improvement in her weight.
You might check her positioning and make sure that she is positioned well to transfer the milk. When I started out I had his head turned too much and hi belly too high. And maybe try to feed on the same side a little longer so that she gets more of the fattier hindmilk. Goodluck, so babies just take a little longer.
Oh, and I wanted to let you know we had the nipple tugging problem and still do sometimes, and it can really hurt. I think it's just a matter of practice to get them to stop that.
I'd be worried if she continually lost weight. She is gaining...slowly, but none the less gaining.....positive thoughts!
I hope the weight check goes well. I know how that worry feels.
Post a Comment