This baby obviously doesn't want to arrive on the 7th. Darn. I guess we really should have rented a car for the weekend and gotten stuff done. I wanted to not have one in case I went into labour, in which case we'd need our garage parking spot for my mother's car when she rushes up.
Now I'm trying to enjoy the last days of feeling this little night owl poking her feet into ribs, out my side, into my stomach etc. Then I get the little hands poking into my left thigh, and the butt sticking out my left side. Squirmy, aren't you getting the hint that you'll be less squished out than in??
TMI time. Bad doctor that I am, with access to sterile gloves and knowing that my water hasn't broken yet (would increase infection risk), I checked on the progress again last night before bed. Still only 2cm dilated, but at least now I can feel the whole length of my cervix, which felt like it was about 1cm long, so 80% effaced since it was about 5cm long throughout the second trimester. I could even feel the baby's head through the membranes, and there's no bulge of amniotic fluid there, just head firmly planted against the cervix. I hope that means that when I finally get the regular contractions going, things will move fairly quickly.
Doctor's appointment is tomorrow at 3pm. I know he'll start talking about induction, but I really don't want them to do anything till after Friday when I'm 41 weeks. She'd better make an appearance at her own pace before then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Ha! I think it's so funny that you did your own examination. Guess you might as well make use of your skills if you can! Doesn't even sound like you need your OB appt today. Hope baby makes its debut SOON! The waiting post-40 weeks must be the hardest.
I am so jealous! I have tried to check my own cervix and I cannot get around my stomach enough to get to it...I was just checked this weekend though and no progress for like 2 weeks...sigh.
I really do not want to be induced either but it looks
sorry...got cut off...like I will be induced if they do not come on their own this week!
You crack me up doing your own cervical assessments! That is so cool you could feel her head. I too would hold off on the induction as it seems it's only a matter of time before she makes her appearance, we hope!!! Come on squirmy!
I can't wait to hear more updates! Enjoy those last few moments with baby on the inside-I miss it!
Hoping little missy makes her appearance soon, soon, soon! Did you ever dream you would go PAST your due date?!
I am jealous you can check your own cervix out. I am really hoping the next post I read introduces your little one!
holy crap! i can't believe you checked yourself! it hurt so bad when my doctor did it i don't think i could have done it myself... actually maybe it would have been better if i could have done it myself, hmmmmmm... i'm kate by the way, i got to you via hope in virginia, i hope you have that baby soon, i could not have made it as far as you! my due date was february 17 but i was scheduled to be induced on february 2 due to some health issues i was having, my body decided it was ready before that though and i went into labor naturally on january 30, so my baby was about 2 1/2 weeks early. good luck to you and congratulations!!
p.s. i love the belly progression shots, so cool.
Post a Comment