We had the movers take over the second half of our stuff yesterday. I was chilling out (exhausted from my 4 hours of sleep due to packing) at work while DH dealt with all that stuff. Since I'm not allowed to lift anything anyhow, I figured I was better off out of the way and earning money than breathing down the movers' necks.
There's still a bunch of things at the apartment (kitchen stuff, clothes, bathroom things) that we need to pack up and move over, so I went to the apartment after work to continue packing. DH joined me after they finished hooking us up for cable and internet, and we took a small load back to the house. Didn't get to bed till around midnight, since I had to go check out progress on the basement when we arrived.
DH had (without talking to me about it) moved the location of the bedroom doorway so that it's no longer centered on where the hallway would continue if it went straight ahead (it's in an angled wall), which annoyed me. And they hadn't put dimmers on the hall lights at all, and taken the bathroom lights off the dimmer and put the dimmer on the fan instead. There's one spot where a potlight was supposed to go that can't have one because there's ductwork right above it, so we'll have to come up with another solution. And I'm a little worried about the bathroom plumbing because the drains for the tub and toilet look like they're each only 1.5" diameter, and I think the toilet drain is supposed to be 4" in diameter. 1.5" will get clogged super easily, I'd think. I asked DH to check with them if it's to code, and he's reluctant to do it. Better to fix things now even if they add a little to the price, rather than to wait till the tub is in and the tiling done, only to realize later on that it all has to be ripped out and fixed at even greater expense.
I was pretty annoyed that he'd decided a few things without any input from me in the first half of the week. I was so good about checking things with him before committing to anything while he was out of town, and think that the least he could do is include me in the decision-making. We'll see if he starts asking me stuff now that I've complained about it.
Now just please God let the upstairs potlights be to code, and I'll be a much happier girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Get him girl! Nesting is in full force - he has to understand that!
So glad you are in - I hope you get some rest soon.
Yay on being in your house! I can't imagine the stress of baby and moving and renovating! I hope the renov goes smoother from here to the end! `
Congrats on being in your house! It must be uncomfortable that work is oing on while you're there though. i'm getting a guy to comue paint our ceilins and some rooms and I feel weird that he's going to be here all day while I'm here. he's nice and all, but its still so weird.
I agree with you on the pipes - the last thing you'll want to do is rip everything out again if there is a problem. A stitch in time...
OK Kiddo. One moment, take a deep breath, let it out and yell "I AM IN MY NEW NIFTY HOUSE! I GET TO BRING MY BABY HERE SOON!" Enjoy it for the briefest time and then allow the moving and un-packing and modifications and crazys to come back. ;-)
best wishes on all the house arrangements!
Congrats on the move!! You are doing so well and getting closer to your due date. Isn't it a nice feeling to get everything in order? I agree with the first poster...you are definitely in full nesting mode! Hopefully your DH will start asking your opinion about things. Now go get some rest!
I hope everything is going okay, both baby-wise and house-wise. I imagine you're busy as hell... but it's getting to be close to that time, so I keep wondering "Hmm, has Kate gone into labour yet??" :)
Thanks for all your encouragement and good luck with getting everything settled. Boy you have a lot going on! And I just saw your 34 week pic - you look GREAT!
Good luck getting settled in! And tell that DH of yours to start running stuff by you...men! ;)
Post a Comment