Saturday, February 6, 2010

36w1d - who'd have thought it??

Well, I'd never have dreamed I'd get this far when ye olde irritable uterus started acting up at 16w2d. I've been getting more frequent tightenings again for the last week or two, but have been trying to just ignore them. I haven't taken any progesterone since Jan 26th, so who knows if that's maybe having an effect.
I saw one of the MFMs on Monday. I thought I'd be weighed (72.9kg - down 0.3kg from two weeks previously, and down 0.3kg from 4 weeks previously), get my BP checked (120/72 or something), have them listen to the heartbeat by doppler, and then get to escape quickly. Instead, I showed up and they whisked me into the ultrasound room for another quick growth scan. This time her head was so far down and turned in such a way that they weren't able to get the proper view for measurements of her head circumference (HC) or her biparietal diameter (BPD), which are usually the two measurements that really bring up her guesstimated weight. Her femur was behind as usual, and her abdominal circumference was even further behind than before. Since the first nurse couldn't get the head shots, she brought in the nurse educator who teaches them all how to scan, and she got larger belly measurements, and said that by her best guess, the baby's still sitting on her 35th percentile growth curve. I think the estimated weight was 2431g, or 5lb6oz. Not too bad, but not great for the 35.5 weeks I was at the time.
I did my GBS swab and sent another midstream urine specimen to be sure I don't have a UTI. I used to get tons before I was pregnant unless I took prophylactic antibiotics after every time I had sex with DH. Since I haven't seen any action beyond the dildocam since last March, I don't think that that's too likely to happen. Poor DH.
I get to stay on a 2 week visit schedule for my next two appointments, after which I'll be overdue and will probably need to discuss induction. We'll just see what happens. The kid has to stay in there for at least another week, since DH is going to Europe on business for 3.5 days next week. She's not allowed to come if he's not here! Little squirmy is also going wild with feet up in my ribcage these days, which is slowly getting more uncomfortable as she gets stronger. At least she's keeping me reassured by being nice and active.
The new house isn't particularly settled yet. Boxes are everywhere, we desperately need to buy bookshelves galore, and we only got our sectional on Thursday night. It's a Canadian-made handmade leather sofa, so of course there are little imperfections in the finishes. The seat cushions are nice, but there are little gaps between some of the pieces, or the seat backs aren't all _exactly_ the same height. And there's one loveseat portion that has the back cushion top corner pleats at a slightly different level than all the rest of the back cushions. That sort of thing really bothers me.
The basement reno is trucking right along. Bathtub is installed, but drywall and tiling around it are still to go. The electrician has some more work to do, and then it's the finishing touches. I'm so annoyed because the potlight in the bathroom isn't centered on the mirror. That sort of thing totally bugs me, and they didn't take me down to show me why it couldn't be placed in the midline. And the potlights they put in above DH's desk in the cubby under the stairs up to the main floor aren't spaced equidistant from the side walls of the desk. Once they took the existing cupboards out because he didn't want them taking up space in there, you can really notice that the ceiling in that little bit isn't at all level. It's about 1.5" lower on the right than on the left, and makes some kind of uneven curve down to where it meets the back wall. It's totally disturbing to my eyes, but he says he can live with it. I might have to pop down and look tomorrow, but it would be hundreds of dollars extra to level it out, so I don't know that that's worth it for a space I'll certainly not spend much time in.
Since it's now past midnight, it's time to quit whining about the house and head to bed. Only to get up again tomorrow and try to finish unpacking and organizing the kitchen stuff.

9 comments:

K said...

It's so amazing to follow you and remembering when you were so happy to reach the 20 week milestone so you could at least be seen at L/D. Now look at you! Congrats on making it this far.

Nice belly shot! I need to take a picture of myself one of these days. I have not really done belly shots. Maybe because I'm so bruised up, but maybe I can do it with a tank top on or something.

Regarding action with the hubby, you make me feel less guilty. Since getting pregnant we tried one time and then I got BV so since then nada. I feel bad- but what can you do? Maybe after the baby's born, ha.... :)

Anonymous said...

Wow - you are so close! I hope she stays put for another week or two!

Michelle said...

I completely know where you're coming from at being annoyed with tiny details with your house, furniture, etc. I'm very detail oriented and things like that drive me insane! And I drive DH nuts by complaining about them all the time. ;)

Shelly said...

You still look terrific! Such a cute belly!

IF Optimist, then... said...

Sorry some of the renovation for the house is aggravating, but I'm so excited to hear you've reached 36 weeks. Your belly is adorable.

Jules a.k.a. Julie said...

Good to read your post. I was hoping you are ok! Yeah for 36 weeks! You are almost there! Hoping baby girl cooperates while DH is out of the country! Continued well-wishes for the house reno and settling in!

Jill M. said...

Look at that beautiful belly!!! I can't believe how far along you are, congratulations!

Clare said...

Lovely pic of you and bubba! Hope the house gets sorted soon, but just take it all in your stride... i am terrible with these things I get so stressed about them. I guess now I am just going to have to learn not to!

Kate said...

Congratulations on 36 weeks! holy cow, so glad your irritated everythings calmed down enough to allow this wonderful thing to happen, 36 weeks. Wow.

Aboutt the house, things- uneven, uncentered, all make me loopy. Bother me a lot- so I get that. And I am not all that persnickety usually (at least, as far as I know).

Beautiful belly Kate, happy you are this far along and wishing you all the best!

xox
Kate