Sunday, February 28, 2010

39+2

Still no baby. And today Mum called to ask when I'm working till (Thursday), and to tell me that she doesn't care what we say, if the baby hasn't come by Thursday, she's coming to stay until the kiddo arrives. DH promptly asked what hotel she'd be staying in :)
Oh well, once I'm off work it won't be so bad for DH, who would otherwise have been left alone at home with her all day while he works from his home office. And maybe we can put her to work cleaning or cooking or something. Or get more shopping done when she's here with her car. I still haven't bought any diaper covers to use with our cloth diaper service, and I haven't bought any nursing bras either. The boobs have maybe gone from a B to a C during pregnancy, if that. I'm not really sure how big they're likely to get with breastfeeding, so I'm tempted to just wait till after she's born to get a couple bras. Until then, I guess I'll be in some ancient stretched out El.ita bra for easy access? Not too sure!
Otherwise, life is fairly boring. Tub screen is to be installed tomorrow, and then the electrical is supposed to be done on Tues. I hope we'll be able to get the furniture in the office and bedroom down there sometime this week. For now, Mum will be sleeping on the bed in the baby's room.

8 comments:

K said...

that blows that your mom is going to do what she wants to despite you gently advising against it :( still it sounds like you're handling this well. hopefully it will be helpful for you instead of another aggravation.

Can you believe the time has come that you are anxiously waiting to go into labor after so long fearing labor would come too soon? How awesome. I hope baby decides to come soon!

MMC said...

I'm with K... I'd be pretty ticked off about the mum thing. The reasons you have for wanting time alone as a family are very valid and important. Anyway, you have a great attitude about it, and that'll help. Personally, I'd probably be so ticked off that I couldn't hide my irritation and then it would end up turning into a big family squabble. So your approach is probably best. :)

Btw, the belly pics in your last post certainly make it clear why you're feeling more pressure. It really looks like she's dropped down and is now verrrrrry ready to get the show on the road. From the time that happened to me a couple weeks ago, everything has felt a LOT different and less comfortable than before. Hopefully you're not waiting as long though! But you're looking awesome, either way. So great how things have worked out for you. :)

Anonymous said...

You go girl - you sound great! Good luck with the mom thing...my mother and I have a rocky past - it is tough navigating that...

Jill M. said...

Ugh, so frustrating that your mom is ignoring your request, but looks like you're making the best of it. Yeah, put her to work, lol! I'm still voting that you will go past 40w. I'm not wishing this on you, it just seems that happens for gals that worry all pg that they will go too early. I've panicked way too many times that my cervix will give out and just watch, I'll probably go overdue after all this worry.

Once Upon A Time said...

I have a feeling your life will be anything but boring very, very soon! You only have days left to go!

IVF Again! said...

Hey -- I'm so glad that we both have FULL TERM babies growing inside of us! I wanted Stella to stay inside of me until she was full term but I really thought she wouldn't with all that happened throughout my pregnancy. So I'm thankful! You are sooo close. I can't wait to see pictures of your little one. Best wishes and take care! I'll be thinking about you and hoping for the BEST! :)

Kate said...

thinking that baby might be here already,
and if not
soon!

thinking of you and sending love.
Kate

one-hit_wonder said...

what kind of diaper covers did you get? i wish i'd known before the fact that leg gussets are a necessary feature!

nursing bra - my assvice, for whatever it's worth, is to get a nursing 'sleeping' bra (the stretchy kind) for the first while and then to get fitted for a few really good daytime bras when your milk production has been regulated.

and put your mom to work. she probably wants to do it and after baby comes i think you'll be glad to have so many chores out of the way. lol