Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Still waiting (impatiently)

Well, I'm still here. I'm feeling a little more tired and a little heavier down south. Still working full time though.
I started to get a little hopeful on my way home via bus and subway tonight, since I was getting fairly frequent contractions that weren't painful, but were definitely stronger than ones I've previously had. And they were coming much more frequently and regularly than usual. Had a couple more walking up the street from the subway, but since then maybe one or two, and I've been home about 2 hours already. My body is teasing me!
When DH went to the store for bread tonight, I had him pick up some lifesavers and mints to suck on while in labour, since I'd totally forgotten that I might like something like that to help with dry mouth (or the taste of vomit, should that lovely event happen to me).
Construction in the basement is nearly done. I think the electrician is coming tomorrow. We're a little annoyed because the bedside wall sconces he built in for us have somehow messed with that circuit, and we've had the breaker fly out a few times since they went in, twice when absolutely no one was in the room, nor were the sconces on. Now he's apparently refusing to swap out the very sensitive AFCI breaker for another one, saying it's not code, but we can change it ourselves if we want. Ugh. Just what I wanted to deal with.
At least the bag is mostly packed, and we brought the bicycle pump for the exercise ball in from the garage. I think I'll try to get the baby's room a bit more organized tonight, and head to bed early, just in case. Exciting times are ahead!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff!! I am so excited for you!!

IF Optimist, then... said...

Wooooooo! All I can hear is tick, tick, tick. Any time now.

Clare said...

Indeed they are good luck!!

Jill M. said...

Making good progress! With your body practicing its contractions, sounds like you're going to have a nice delivery that starts on its own! So exciting!

MMC said...

"At least my bag is mostly packed..."

That made me laugh out loud. I'm exactly the same. Both of us literally minutes from going into labor, and neither with a ready suitcase. I can't tell you how many times people keep asking me that question, "You haven't packed your case YET???" Ha. Problem is, I keep changing my mind about what to put in it and I refuse to load it with 10,000 things that I don't need! :)

Jules a.k.a. Julie said...

Such excitement! I can't wait to see a picture of your new little angel and read of your birth story! Sending hugs and lots of positive thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sure these last few days are the very, very hardest. I'm so impressed that you are continuing to work but it is hopefully helping the time pass. Good luck!

one-hit_wonder said...

it's scary when the time approaches, huh? but in a wonderful way. in case i don't pop in before baby arrives, best wishes! :)