DH and I went out for Indian food last night for his birthday. Poor guy didn't get a card or present. I never know what to buy for him, since he always buys what he wants/needs for himself. He just bought himself a fancy pants universal remote control and a new pair of hiking boots, and got himself a fancy new camera at Christmas, so he didn't really have anything he particularly wanted. At least he got to keep his birthday all to himself, since squirmy didn't make her grand appearance yesterday.
I had a doctor's appointment on Wed. This time I escaped without an ultrasound. BP check, pee in a cup, FHR by doppler. And then the 45min wait for the doctor to show up to the clinic (I was the first patient of the day). I wasn't too impressed with that. Nor was I impressed by the fact that he's making me come in again next week. Apparently now that I'm past the 38 week mark, he's going to make me toe the line and show up weekly, like most people do after 36 weeks. That meant a bit of a scramble to find someone to cover for me at work on Monday so that I can leave an hour early without cancelling some patient's surgery. It's a little tricky now that I'm no longer a resident! Luckily one of the guys agreed to come down and finish my list rather than finishing the endoscopy list upstairs (whoever is doing the colonoscopies/gastroscopies can tell the nurse to give different kinds of sedation than we give them, so that should be ok).
The Braxton-Hicks have started to pick up again in frequency now. I had them fairly often last night, but there's been no sign of show or anything else at this point. I was an evil person and had a feel of my cervix last night, and the part that usually sticks out 1.5-3cm is only 4-5mm long now. External os slightly open, but not dramatically different from before. The doc is planning to check me on Monday at my next appointment. I'm not really looking forward to that - I'd rather keep most people out of my vagina, thank you very much. It's been around enough in the last 4.5 years.
I'm getting a few more baby clothes washed today. Can't finish setting up her room until the contractors patch the holes in the drywall in her closet though, which hasn't happened yet. Then I'll finally be able to put the mattress in the crib and get clothes and toys a little more organized.
Must also finally pack the hospital bag, I guess. I don't feel like I need all that much stuff though, so I'm not worried that I haven't done that yet.
That's pretty much it - nothing really happening here, just waiting for things to happen. And for the construction to finally finish!

9 comments:
You are so close - that is great! You look fabulous!
I am impressed that you can feel your own cervix at 38 weeks pregnant....you have such a cute little belly that doesn't get in the way of your arm reaching down! LOL
Wow 38 weeks! That went so quickly. She'll probably take her sweet time coming and be past your due date! Good luck with the rest of the renovations.
Fabulous - good luck with the renovations!
Hi Kate!
I've left a diversionary award on my blog that will post later tonight.
You look great! and I cannot believe you can reach around and through! Good for you!
and I'm with you, too many folks have been up in my stuff these past few years. Hard to even imagine counting so I won't.
xoxo
Kate
So close and looking great! I did the evil self cervix check a few days ago too! I thought it would relieve my anxiety about my cervix giving out, thought I would find it hard, long and closed. But instead I found it high, super soft like poking a jelly fish, which made it hard to tell if it was slightly open or just squishy. So now I'm stressed and am wondering if my cervix is giving out. What does it mean to have my cervix be that soft at 22w? I think I'm going to ask for another cervix check soon. Anyway, enough about me, have a great night!
I tried to check my cervix when I was in early labour. No luck. I'm impressed you're still able to although I guess with such a compact belly it's pretty easy. Can't wait to meet your daughter!! Get that hospital bag packed. Mine was packed in a hurry as we were flying out the door to the hospital and we forgot basically everything.
Congratulations on 38 weeks. I am so happy about this. I love that you are a rebel and have the flexibility to do your own cervical check. That made me chuckle. I am glad you are getting the finishing touches on the house squared away. It is so exciting that you will meet your little one so very soon. How fabulous!
38 weeks! You look great! I hope that construction finishes up soon and you can get the nursery all set up.
Post a Comment