I think if I had a bit more of an ass, the pants might not fall down as quickly. As it is, I'm still pretty flat back there. My 10.7kg (23.5 lb) weight gain has obviously not gone to the behind.
When I went to the house to meet up with the contractor yesterday afternoon, he said that not as much had gotten done that day because one of the two workers was off sick, and the other one had had to see his doctor for antibiotics and to get his finger dressed after a cat bite got infected. Poor guys. The plumbing rough-in that I thought was supposed to happen didn't, but when DH and I went by this afternoon for a quick visit, the bathroom and storage room were fully framed, and they were scheduled to complete the new hall closet and bedroom wall framing by the end of the day. They're going to hold off on framing the walk-in (ok, more like step-in) closet until Monday so that we can see how the wall ends up looking and decide where to put the doors.
Sadly, the squeaky dining room floor that he'd said could be improved doesn't sound any different, so I'm hoping that can still be fixed. Our designer suggested I write up a detailed "honey-do" list of things that we'd discussed, so that our contractor has it to refer to while he's directing the work. That way, hopefully nothing will get missed.
I also ended up writing up a bunch of questions for the previous owner to send via his realtor. There are a few light switches throughout the house that don't seem to do anything. The gas oven smells of gas when I turn it on. We have no manuals for anything, so I don't know why the one garage door opener in the garage has a green light glowing behind the open door button. The garage has a separate alarm system that is powered, but we couldn't find a control panel for it, nor do we know where the wires connect to. There's a small under-cupboard light to the right of the stove that I can't seem to turn on, even though the bulb isn't burnt out - no idea where it connects to, either. I can't find the gas supply line off valve for the bedroom fireplace. And the list goes on and on. If we had had a walk-through on closing with former and new owners like they apparently do in Germany, we could have had most of these answered in a flash. We'll see how long it takes to get any sort of response. Since I was nice enough to immediately contact the selling agent when I found a ton of important mail for the previous owner on Wed and left it for him to pick up at his convenience, I'm hoping he'll be willing to take 10 minutes to answer our questions. Fingers crossed!
I think the electrician is coming Monday. I'm back at work next week, so DH will be stopping by to make decisions and see how things are going. I hope he'll call me with anything big, since we had a couple heated "discussions" today about lighting and switch locations etc. This could get interesting. I hope the conflict is over before the baby arrives!
Our new mattress was supposed to be 10" high. It's actually 12" and feels super high. Our current mattress tops out at all of 10" or so off the floor, I think. The new bed is probably more like 2" to the top, even though it's just on a platform base. I hope we'll be able to get used to it quickly!
And now, back to packing! Still lots of books to go, and clothes, and kitchen stuff. Though we have taken over the little appliances and a fair bit of other stuff whenever we go to peek in on the house, so there's not as much to have the movers deal with. DH rented a minivan for the week, so we'll be able to do some real shopping and move the plants, paintings and other more fragile things ourselves. Poor guy - he'll have to do all the lifting for a change.
And my best news of the day? I don't have to take the day off in two weeks for my next appointment. Turns out I can see his partner on Monday instead, which is a day that I'm off because I was supposed to be on call that night. Except I haven't done call since September. I was really reluctant to have to lose out on another day's income, when I have so little time left to go at work.

10 comments:
I still have switches of whose purpose I am not sure. . . its so frustrating the process of settling into a new house, and I can't imagine doing it while you're preggers too!
Great belly shot! I'm so happy that you've made it this far! So awesome!!!!
34 weeks - woo hoo! You look great!
I loved your belly shot!! Thanks so much for the post and encouragement on my blog, really appreciated!
Love, Fran
To answer your question about how I knew about the screws for the subfloor, I remember when we bought our house (new construction), the builder was making a big deal about how our floors shouldn't squeak as much b/c they were using screws placed closely together rather than nails placed further apart. That's the only reason I know about that!
I hope the seller will be able to help you out but just in case he refuses or doesn't know himself where some of these things connect, maybe you could take advantage of having people like the electrician around figure that out for you after the renos are done. They're already there and it may only take them a few minutes to look at the wiring and trace it back so you know what the switches are/are not connected to.
Cute belly too! Thanks for the updated shot :)
I've got plenty of a$$, want some of mine to help keep those britches up?
You can have some of my ass if you'd like ;-). You look awesome. Love seeing the progression of your belly shots. You are s brave to be doing this reno now. I hope you will post pics when you are all done. I am dying to see your reward at the end.
Your belly shot is great!!
Amazing photos. You're my own personal pregnancy idol. Seriously!
The house sounds like it's coming along on schedule. I'm so glad.
OK, with your totally cute belly you look EXACTLY like the drawing of the girl on my destination maternity shopping bag. As for the manuals you can't find. Put the manufacturer and model into a search engine and many companies have them available in PDF format. Never hurts to check.
I decided on the BOB. Price tag hurts but oh well.
We did get the double snap n go for the first few months - hopefully my strength will build up!
Lisa - meinsideout (would not let me post under my wordpress account)
Post a Comment