I went tub and fixture shopping this afternoon with our designer. I wish I could find a plain and simple yet shallow tub for our bathroom. All the rectangular ones seem to be deep though, which kind of sucks. I guess our future guests or teenager will have to be able to climb a little to get into the soaker tub. I love the clean lines though, and found a pretty cool thermostatic valve and shower head to go along with it. I hope it's going to end up looking as great as I think it could.
On the way back from the store, we stopped by the house to check on the progress of the basement reno. So far, the carpet is out in the big room, the wall of the bathroom is down, the dropped ceiling has been temporarily moved, the sink and cupboard and countertop are out of the bathroom, and they have drilled up the bathroom floor to make way for the drain. I think the next thing will be them taking out the toilet to make sure its drain is big enough, and they might start plumbing after that. I'm not sure though.
Only one guy was there working (and having an afternoon snack) when we showed up. But since they seem to have made good progress, I'm going to stay optimistic that things will remain on schedule. It's all kind of exciting, actually. Hopefully there will be no nasty surprises lying in wait. There was evidence that there'd been a water leak upstairs at one point, based on the discoloration of the insulation in the ceiling, but it was totally dry now, and there was no evidence of an ongoing problem. I'll check in again tomorrow afternoon after my doctor's appointment.
For now, I'd better just get back to packing! Haven't made a ton of progress so far, sadly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm totally jealous of the shopping trip with the designer. I wouldn't consider myself a designer-y person either, but it sure would be nice to have someone tell me how to spend my money on stuff I wouldn't regret a week later!
I think your renos are all going to work out great. My only concern is just how tight your schedule is. The sooner you get moved into that house and the workers kicked out of your house, the better!
I'm glad to hear that the renos are going well and that you see decent progress already. You're well on your way to making it your own place and that's exciting, especially when you have a professional along to help guide your choices.
BTW, thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog - helps me to feel normal about what's going on and all the stories about preemies making it bolsters my confidence so thanks! Sounds like you're one smart cookie too having survived engineering AND med school! May my two girls be so smart :)
Post a Comment